propecia .5 vs 1 quick question

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been on .5 for about 3 months with no sides whatsoever, Does anyone here think i run the risk of getting sides by upping my dosage to the standard 1mg a day? I realize that the hair count may not increase very much but with that being said any increase at all in help id like to see, i want to conserve/gain as much as possible? Do i run the risk of getting bags under my eyes or having sexual sides by upping the dosage just like that? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on .5 mg for 10 days and upped the dosage to 1mg..I think the sides you get could be temporarily, at least after reading this forum.. it seems like some dudes get sides from shampoo hehe.. but the only advice i could give you is to try..and if you get sides, stay of it for a week, and if the sides go away start on .5mg again and maybe try 1mg every other day or so..but the whole thing about everyone getting sides is paranoid..its a prostate medicine, so its 100% sure that you gonna feel something downstairs..but that you loose your penis is really a paranoid thing..but offcourse, it could happend..but walking across the stress could get you killed, so yea, life sucks

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so you didnt get any further sides when you upped the dosage?

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
prolly wouldhave been best to start on 1 then drop to 0.5 if u get sides...

i started on 1 things were great until about 1.5 month sides hit prity hard, got prostate pains a few times a day. when ejaculating at times i felt no pleasure too... 0.5 helps alot for me, lets hope it still helps the hair.

sam

just go up to 1 and yeah if u experience sides give it a week before u stop, the degree of sides to some people is bearable i suppose...