Propecia 3 Weeks Shed Holy sh*t Panicking

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So about 3 or so weeks ago I started proscar (cut in 1/4) so 1.25mg per dag, havent felt any side effects. But now for the last 2-3 days Im shedding a sh*t ton, like 50 years every morning when I brush my hair, its just falling out! And most of them are strong hair too! Holy sh*t Im panicking at the moment when will this stop??!?! Anyone?!?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep taking it. the three week mark after starting is typically when the shedding phase starts. power through it and it will get back to normal.

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep taking it. the three week mark after starting is typically when the shedding phase starts. power through it and it will get back to normal.

Thanks man, definately will.

Question, do u happen to know why Im shedding thick "normal" hairs? One would assume these should stay on and not get shedded cause of finasteride...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stay the course man. 3 weeks is WAY too soon to make an assessment

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok im about to hyperventilate.

First of all, this morning combing my hair i lost literally 50 hairs.

Now i took a shower and what do i see?

saTXp45.jpg

Look at this sh*t. If i lose my hair my datinglife is probably over, im ugly with no hair. What the f*** is going on!

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok im about to hyperventilate.

First of all, this morning combing my hair i lost literally 50 hairs.

Now i took a shower and what do i see?

View attachment 54786

Look at this sh*t. If i lose my hair my datinglife is probably over, im ugly with no hair. What the f*** is going on!
Hey man I know I sucks but calm down. Relax, feel comfort in knowing you're doing something about your hair loss. Personally I didn't see a diminish in shedding until about 6 months in, even then some days were terrible but I was progressing. I'm now 8 months in and I shed maybe at the most 5 in the shower and that's pushing it. Hair texture is becoming thicker. Stick with it, and try not to count hairs you'll drive yourself crazy. Good luck.

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I know I sucks but calm down. Relax, feel comfort in knowing you're doing something about your hair loss. Personally I didn't see a diminish in shedding until about 6 months in, even then some days were terrible but I was progressing. I'm now 8 months in and I shed maybe at the most 5 in the shower and that's pushing it. Hair texture is becoming thicker. Stick with it, and try not to count hairs you'll drive yourself crazy. Good luck.

Thanks for your response. Yes it for sure feels absolutely terrible, and Im going back to university this year too in 2.5 months so I dont wanna be a baldie there :(

I feel my cortisol levels spike to heaven when I see the shedding, holy sh*t is this stressing me out.

Also, I used minoxidil for 3 weeks but I quiot due to my face becoming bloated, and after 1 week of discontinuing this shedding started ... so maybe its minoxidil and not finasterides fault? Cause Im sheddiong ALOT ALOT of thick normal hairs and I dont know why ...

Dear I pray to god they grow back cause if not ... its f*****g over

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just insane how much hair Im loosing, I dont understand why I lose so many NORMAL hairs, they are just falling out!

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also seem to be shedding hair from all over, back, sides, top, everywhere :(

Regulate

My Regimen
Reaction score
So about 3 or so weeks ago I started proscar (cut in 1/4) so 1.25mg per dag, havent felt any side effects. But now for the last 2-3 days Im shedding a sh*t ton, like 50 years every morning when I brush my hair, its just falling out! And most of them are strong hair too! Holy sh*t Im panicking at the moment when will this stop??!?! Anyone?!?

Bro, i am in the same boat as you. 4th month for me, horrible shed. Past 4 months have been amazing, but now i am losing ground way too fast at the front. Despite the hairs falling out rapidly, we have to keep faith that one day it will stop, like it does for so many users. So many people shed, for like us it will be a horrible one, but we Will win eventually. Do not give up bro!!!

O

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, i am in the same boat as you. 4th month for me, horrible shed. Past 4 months have been amazing, but now i am losing ground way too fast at the front. Despite the hairs falling out rapidly, we have to keep faith that one day it will stop, like it does for so many users. So many people shed, for like us it will be a horrible one, but we Will win eventually. Do not give up bro!!!

O

Its literally terrifying, you are watching ur looks go DOWN THE DRAIN every day, holy sh*t its so f*****g insanely anxiety-inducing!