Propecia: 1st week sides, or body adjusting

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
been on the 'peesh 4 days.

penis hurts, more frequent urination and deuce dropping. constant aching in package.

whacked off to see if I could. difficult to get it up and it hurt. very unfomfortable feeling.

pain during urinationand ejaculation.

is this temp or should I duck out of this shyte now while I still have a johnson?

If this is perm, I would rather just go bald honestly.

Anyone else experience this on first week and then adjust. I want the pain to go away, it's very uncomfortable.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quit that sh*t man.

The only thing I noticed on the 1st week was watery jizz. That went away.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
sigh..yeah

I don't know. Maybe I should just hang on for a couple weeks just to be sure?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the constant aching balls on just 0.5mg, and a low libido. They say it will go after a few weeks but I wasn't willing to ride it out. I decided to try 0.25mg a day instead, which has put an end to the achy balls and low libido, but since I've been on it (2 months) I haven't once had a morning boner. Just before I started finasteride I was getting them regularly. It's still too early to tell if 0.25mg is doing anything for my hair but if it doesn't I don't think I will be going back to 1mg or even 0.5mg. I will just accept my fate!

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
forgot to mention I lost my AM wood too. Had it EVERY morning for as many years as I can remember; you could set your watch to it.

Literally th day after my 1st 'peesh, nada. Gone.

I'm going to try chopping these bad boys in halfsies...see if I can't quell the throbbing in my chaunce.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Hey D, aren't you being a bit harsh on yourself?

Your body has experienced a major change. Stop annoying your friend downstairs without having the apetite just to check if things are ok.

Give it some time.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, it works pretty quickly. The sides come on several hours after taking your first tablet. I say that my libido is better on 0.25mg but it isn't what it was before I started finasteride.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dick Hyman said:
I'm going to try chopping these bad boys in halfsies...see if I can't quell the throbbing in my chaunce.

Give your body time to adjust to the original dose. Dont start experimenting. Reduction in doses have little effect on dht levels so keep it steady man. Don't start jumping around!

I thought you'd be bigger. :)

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
nah SE, I'm feelin' about as small as my choder right now.

But you've posted what I wanted to hear. I'll maintain dosage at 1mg/day and I'll be sure to keep this forum updated with my progress. LEt's see how I feel in a week or so.

G

Give it a couple of weeks man........it should sort itslef out.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
well, the uncomfortable feeling was getting pretty intense yesterday (day 5) so I skipped a dose. Feel much better today, the pain in my nethers has subsided quite a bit, and I woke up this morning with an armadillo in my pants; a nice fat stiffy!

I'm going to reduce the dose gents. I know, I know, I'm a walking vagina, but I just can't deal with the aching schlonger. I'm going to do 1/2 pill every other day (at least for a little while) just to eas my body into it a little bit. I feel like my bod had a pretty strong reaction to this drug, and I don't want to shock the system too much too quick, know what I'm sayin my brothers?

The other thing is, I'm not THAT bad yet, plus I have a girl that I've been with for several years and we're going to get married soon. We've talked about my losing my hair and she's fine with it, so really this propecia thing is just for me. But if it means that my jock-strap turns into a luke-warm scoop of gelato...I might have to give 'peesh the "shoulder" my brothers--the COLD shoulder.

We'll see how I handle the lesser dosage.

See, my girl aint gonna leave me if my hair throws me the "Ted Dansen Special," but she WILL leave me if I stop delivering the steel rod in the old "sack-a-jew-eeya," know what I'm sayin' McBrothels?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dick Hyman said:
well, the uncomfortable feeling was getting pretty intense yesterday (day 5) so I skipped a dose. Feel much better today, the pain in my nethers has subsided quite a bit, and I woke up this morning with an armadillo in my pants; a nice fat stiffy!

Dickyyyyy your mind is playiiiing gaaaaames... :lol:

You are feeling better after skipping a dose? skipping a dose is nothing. Plasma dht levels are almost stable for 48 hours. You are causing those sides. Combined with the fact that you quitted rogaine after one month, i think that you really have to change your regimen policy if you are really shooting for results.

One day without finasteride is nothing. It is all in your head.

P P P

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
SE, SE, SE...
As much as I love you my brother--and I do LOVE you--you're wrong on this one.

Believe me if I say I'm feeling PHYSICAL reactions here, it's for real. I went through 2 courses of accutane back in the day, and never had any bad reactions. This aint in my head.

I experienced noticable physical reactions within hours of taking my first 'peesh; it certainly stands to reason that I might experience some relief of said symptoms within a day or two of my last dose, and that's exactly whats going on here.

I'm in my mid twenties and my c***-rod has NEVER felt they way it has felt since OCT 1st. This isn't "loss of libido" or "maybe something is a little different" this was like "HELLO! Where's my crank?" Constant pain in the penis, scrunthced up package etc.

Def a result of the 'payshe.

Now, I know I maintain a pretty cavalier persona on this forum, but I'm quite sincere about these sensations down in my third leg. I'm a strong-willed person with a clear head and solid foundation in logical reasoning. I'm not the type to jump the gun about something like this.

I'm perfectly willing to conceede that this initial reaction I've experienced has been merely that: an initial reaction to a foreign substance in the bod, and will in all likelyhood "sort itself out." Nevertheless, the reaction I've had is very real, and I'm going to lessen the dose to give my body a break.

just as many people see different results on Propecia, many people respond to it differently, and clearly my John Thomas is extra sensative to it.

Regarding the 'gaine: I used 2% for 6 months, noticed an increse in hairloss, stopped, hair thickened up, started 5% and started shedding like the cast of "Oliver & Company," so i gave it the peace sign.
Rogaine just aint for the Hymanator.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Ok let me rephrase:

There can be sides, immediately after you start on finasteride. I myself had a tight feeling downstairs from the first day(which went away on day 3).

What I am pointing out is that you cannot feel better by skipping a dose. finasteride has a halflife of 6 hours but dht plasma levels stay put for 48 hours. So you are not feeling better nor does your friend downstairs. This is your mind working.

What did you expect? There are changes there and your body has to work its way to a new equilibrium.

finasteride, has increased my libido with the exception of the first 3 days-which could be mental as I had already spent hours reading horror stories.
No brain fog-in fact I can focus pretty well lately- possible increase in body odour and a tad oilier forehead, which was good- I have dry skin.

As for the rogain shed, you could have waited it out a bit instead. Shedding on minoxidil is a typical respond to treatment. In this case too you have to give things time.

Bottom line:
Give things time.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
All right man, but if my "Balki Bartokamous" falls off, it's OVER between us. You hear me? OVER.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
LOL

True, true.