Propecia 1mg report after first four months

erik

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen,

It's been long since I last time posted my report, and I almost skipped this one too.. read on to learn why! :)

I took my first Propecia on September 1, 2003. After three weeks I posted my first report:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

Hmm, I had almost forgot all those side effects, but in general it seems I was in good spirits. My second report was brought on stage after six weeks:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

Huh, that's scary stuff, especially wk4! I can say so because now after four months I have zero side effects (came back from those erection problems as strong as ever), no greasy skin, no aching nuts, etc, all gone! My hair hasn't changed much, perhaps some slight shredding, crown looks a bit thinner than before. However, I've already achieved what I wanted most: I've almost forgot the whole balding business: I take my pill after I wake up but don't think that more than I think about my teeth when I wash them. And (no offence!) I'm definetely not lurking at HairLossTalk.com all day long. Now that I'm here and read thru many articles, I've added MSM to my treatment because 1) it gets so positive comments 2) it's cheap 3) no side effects 4) it could speed up my 'recovery' from that minor shredding period.

I guess at least some of the newbies wait for some kind of advice, at least I did before I started any treatment and read some of the reports. Well, I'll say:

-if you're reading these posts, you're probably already so conserned with your (upcoming) hair loss that telling just to "forget it, ladies don't care, really" is waste of time.. so I don't do that. Instead: if you're not yet taking anything, I'd suggest first to test MSM: cheap, safe, should be faster to notice (even 6-9wks vs. 9-12months with Propecia), no need for recipee. Start it tomorrow. If it doesn't work for you, then try something else or let it go and say to yourself that you tried, no help was available for you. [Personally, though, I don't believe MSM being capable just by itself to stop balding, but it seems to a great addition to our weaponry when combined with Propecia. I shall see soon.]

-don't be scared all these horrendeous reports of Propecia side effects - as with me, side effects are almost always temporary, as mentioned in the instructions. And those who are doing well won't bother entering this side. If MSM doesn't work for you or you don't believe it, give Propecia a try - but be prepared for possible side effects and shredding.

-you'll go nuts if you check your hair with mirror from every angle every day and go thru zillion forums about hairloss. That's why I stopped posting these reports every other week, much easier to forget your slightly thinning crown.

I'll try to make one report before summer and then one at one year mark if nothing extraordinary happens. From now on, I'll be on:

Propecia 1mg daily (since Sept 1, 2003)
Nizoral 2% twice a week (since Feb 2003)
MSM 3000mg daily (since Jan 1, 2004)

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how effective MSM is in fighting hairloss? I thought it just made your hair grow a little faster, but I didn't think it did anything to combat hairloss.

Stingray

Reaction score
It's not effective at all. Doesn't do a damned thing in fact.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
artvandaley said:
Does anyone know exactly how effective MSM is in fighting hairloss? I thought it just made your hair grow a little faster, but I didn't think it did anything to combat hairloss.

yes, some have said that it makes your hair and nails grow faster.

hopewas

Reaction score
it makes your hair grow faster and stronger. andddd if you have tiny new hairs growing due to propecia and minoxidil..it can always be a help by maing those hairs grow faster and stronger so i disagree with some of you that it's useless

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, but doesn't speed up your hair growth cycle. Wouldn't that make your already weak hairs die faster?