Proof To The Efficacy Of Wounding+minoxidil

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread will parallel my progress thread and highlight the positive effects of minoxidil+wounding, when compared to minoxidil alone. This first series of pictures are from my first run with minoxidil, which lasted roughly 10 months. The progress you see is from baseline-9 months of treatment. After month 10, I stopped taking minoxidil and proceeded to lose everything I'd gained over the next 7-9 months. The second series of pictures will be in a post under this one and highlight what I've gained back in only 2 1/2 months of wounding+minoxidil. I use the exact same area of my head to highlight the differences because there's a blemish that's located directly on my hairline, so it's easy to track. I don't have a pic to show that specific area of my scalp for a second baseline pic after I stopped, but, I assure you, it was devoid of any regrowth. I'll include of a picture of how fucked I was after all that shedding. I'll also include the baseline pic from my first run with minoxidil, because it was probably similar, if not worse.

Attachments

• 177251423.jpg
    177251423.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,208
  • DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,291

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are the results from only the past 2 1/2 months. You can see how much fuller it looks compared to the nine months of minoxidil alone. As you can see from the first pic, my hair was f*****g busted after nine months of brutal shedding.

Attachments

• DSC_0591.JPG
    DSC_0591.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,921
  • 177251423.jpg
    177251423.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 2,802
  • DSC_0713.JPG
    DSC_0713.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,791

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
And now, a direct, side by side comparison of the nine months on minoxidil alone pic vs. 2 1/2 of minoxidil and wounding. First pic is nine months of just minoxidil, second is 2 1/2 with wounding.

Attachments

• DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,006
  • DSC_0713.JPG
    DSC_0713.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,991

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
And before anyone b****s about lighting and angles, I noticed it too. Here's another comparison with a pic I just took from a more comparable angle, with full flash, because you couldn't even see the blemish without it. First pic is baseline, second is from nine months of minoxidil without wounding, third is from 2 1/2 months of wounding+minoxidil after shedding back to baseline.

Attachments

• 177251423.jpg
    177251423.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,585
  • DSC_0219.JPG
    DSC_0219.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,659
  • DSC_0715.JPG
    DSC_0715.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,676

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
looks good, def see 2.5 months is the best result, imagine what 6 months can do. Please keep us updated.

Also, when you say wounding, do you mean dermaroller?

Yes. I only hit my frontal third with it. I don't do the temples below my hairline or the crown. Skip the minoxidil dosage on the day of wounding. Don't want that sh*t going systemic.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid minoxidil twice a week right? How often and how hard do you roll?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Liquid minoxidil twice a week right? How often and how hard do you roll?
Liquid minoxidil in 1mL applications once a day, excluding when I wound, which is once a week. I wound hard enough to cause erythema and mild bleeding. I'll include a picture. It generally looks slightly worse than this, but not much.

Attachments

• DSC_0198.JPG
    DSC_0198.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,823

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid minoxidil in 1mL applications once a day, excluding when I wound, which is once a week. I wound hard enough to cause erythema and mild bleeding. I'll include a picture. It generally looks slightly worse than this, but not much.

Oh I meant twice a day of course. I am doing EXACTLY the same right now but stopped wounding for a while.. Thank you for reminding to be consistent! It just looks as when I wounded my temples. How long do you leave the minoxidil there before you wash it out?

Awesome results, congrats!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just curious what size derma roller do you use?

Results look great!

Do you treat the wounds at all after with anything like alcohol? Antiseptic?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I meant twice a day of course. I am doing EXACTLY the same right now but stopped wounding for a while.. Thank you for reminding to be consistent! It just looks as when I wounded my temples. How long do you leave the minoxidil there before you wash it out?

Awesome results, congrats!
I try to leave it in all day if I can. I'd shoot for no less than two hours, four for maximum absorption.

just curious what size derma roller do you use?

Results look great!

Do you treat the wounds at all after with anything like alcohol? Antiseptic?
I use 1.5 mm roller on my forelock and midscalp and an electric 1.5 mm stamp called the derminator on my hair line. Before use, I boil everything that's going to be penetrating my skin, wash my hair and scalp thoroughly, then give a scrub with some isopropyl alcohol on the hairline. I treat with nothing afterwards and avoid minoxidil/shampoo for at 18 hours. That's about it!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to leave it in all day if I can. I'd shoot for no less than two hours, four for maximum absorption.

I use 1.5 mm roller on my forelock and midscalp and an electric 1.5 mm stamp called the derminator on my hair line. Before use, I boil everything that's going to be penetrating my skin, wash my hair and scalp thoroughly, then give a scrub with some isopropyl alcohol on the hairline. I treat with nothing afterwards and avoid minoxidil/shampoo for at 18 hours. That's about it!

Thanks i am going to keep this in mind...I have been on minoxidil for 6 weeks so far and I seem to be having decent to good results..will be able to tell more by 4th month i think.
This looks like a good thing to add if i need to.

Does it leave semi permanent marks? or marks gone by next day?

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but periodically wounding your scalp and covering it with minoxidil just sounds like it will be bad in the long run.