Progress With Finasteride After 4 Months

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I would like to share with you my 4 month progress with Finasteride

Details:
  • June - August: Minoxidil 5% solution every 2. /3. day (advise of my doctor who said that should already help)
  • August - October: Minoxidil 5% solution every evening. Went through a shedding, hair was not good styleable and I was annoyed about the permanent itching. So i stopped using minoxidil after talking to my dermatologist. He had already prescribed me finasteride on 5. August.
  • 5. August - today: Finasteride 1mg ED: I feel like my hair is getting stronger again.
  • Since last friday: In addition to finasteride 1mg ED i began to take 0.5mg Dutasteride once a week and hope that i can get better results.

Attachments

• FIN_4_Months_Progress.jpg
    FIN_4_Months_Progress.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3,076

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. Very nice progress in just 3 months on finasteride, continue your regimen and there is a very good chance you'll regrow even more. I have a few question if you don't mind : Do you suffer from any finasteride side effects ?? Did you talk to your dermatologist before adding dutasteride or it was DIY ?? How about you opt for Loniten (oral minoxidil), it's more convenient than the solution and it may not give you the itch you dealt with earlier. Other than that, i wish you a happy fighting journey.

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. Very nice progress in just 3 months on finasteride, continue your regimen and there is a very good chance you'll regrow even more. I have a few question if you don't mind : Do you suffer from any finasteride side effects ?? Did you talk to your dermatologist before adding dutasteride or it was DIY ?? How about you opt for Loniten (oral minoxidil), it's more convenient than the solution and it may not give you the itch you dealt with earlier. Other than that, i wish you a happy fighting journey.

I do not suffer from any finasteride side effects.

I did not talk to my dermatologist about Dutasteride because i'm sure he would not prescribe it. In my country it's not prescribed for hair loss. I read a paper where taking it once a week in addition to finasteride was measured to improve results so i decided to give it a try. I'm still not sure if it was the right decision.

Loniten was no option for me because I'm a bit scared it could have influence on heart and furthermore i got always really tired after applying topical minoxidil which would probably be worse under Loniten.

Thanks for the wishes!

sam333

My Regimen
Reaction score
in my opinion if you got hair grow with finasteride then no need to add dutasteride actually.. Wait another four months and after that if you are not happy with the results then add dutasteride

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep updated with dutasteride results
I really would like to but I'm actually not sure if i will continue taking Dutasteride. I took it 2 times actually (3rd week now) and felt like i have no orgasm anymore. With Finasteride only i did not have such an issue...

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really would like to but I'm actually not sure if i will continue taking Dutasteride. I took it 2 times actually (3rd week now) and felt like i have no orgasm anymore. With Finasteride only i did not have such an issue...

hair > dropping loads

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair > dropping loads

In general I agree with you.

Well the problem was not the volume. It was the normal volume but without any feeling...

And I'm not sure yet if adding Dutasteride to Finasteride therapy will boost my results. Did you realize a synergetic effect by using the combination (according to your regimen)?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In general I agree with you.

Well the problem was not the volume. It was the normal volume but without any feeling...

And I'm not sure yet if adding Dutasteride to Finasteride therapy will boost my results. Did you realize a synergetic effect by using the combination (according to your regimen)?

none whatsoever, I'm just paranoid about going bald. I should probably quit finasteride (given that I'm on Duta) but I dunno.. I have terrible OCD

the only side effect(s) that truly bothers me is the insomnia and lethargy

great results btw, you should have a full thick head of hair by month 12.

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
none whatsoever, I'm just paranoid about going bald. I should probably quit finasteride (given that I'm on Duta) but I dunno.. I have terrible OCD

the only side effect(s) that truly bothers me is the insomnia and lethargy

great results btw, you should have a full thick head of hair by month 12.

I see - thanks for your explanations.
Thank you - i hope so and will update here every 1-2 months.

HTHM

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 Months update

Attachments

• FIN_Vorher_Nachher_6_Monate.jpg
    FIN_Vorher_Nachher_6_Monate.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 567