Progress Pics Included, Comments Appreciated

dd23

Reaction score
Well here is my story:

I noticed my hair loss progressing about 1 1/2 years ago, the normal stuff; hair in the stink, in the shower, overall thinning. My family has a history of male pattern baldness, so I decided to try to do something about it. I went on propecia with nizoral and for a year and eventhough I feel as though I was maintaining I didn't feel as though I was progressing. I decided to then try Rogaine Foam Twice daily as instructed for some volume. My two pictures are after 1 yr. on propecia,, nizoral and 1 yr 3 1/2 months of propecia, nizoral, and foam use. I apply the foam all over the head not just in the back. Eventhough, my hair is alittle longer in the second picture I think I have seen a major increase in thickness throughout my head. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 100_7776.JPG
    100_7776.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 417
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 436

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
although 2nd pic has longer hair (thus easy to cover up), you can definitely see the thickness. It's a nice improvement.. no one would call u bald!
have u experienced any sheds yet? I'm currently on finasteride/nizoral but kinda afraid to start rogaine.

vanheldan

Reaction score
DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT!!!

i'm in the same position as you were. on finasteride and nizoral at the moment my hair is maintaining but i'm not seeing much regrowth. i'll remian on it for another 6 months and then may consider rogain if i see no improvement in thickness.

dd23

Reaction score
I had minor sheds throughout the entire year, although I never had those HUGE ones you hear about. I never said I would go on Rogaine, but after 3 1/2 months I'M DEFINITELY glad I did. I would recommend to everyone, also never give up on your regimine as depressing as it can get there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pics but do you have anything in similar length as the after picture? it's kinda hard to gauge how much you regrew/thickened up since it's at different length. :punk:

also, did you get a prescription or buy your propecia online?

on_a_plain

Reaction score
i cant see a change from pics. upload more.

dd23

Reaction score
I went to my normal doctor for propecia. I won't trust the online sites. You never know. Start the BIG THREE, the sooner the better. It can't hurt.