Progress/Maintenance - Minoxidil Question.

Tharock12344

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using finasteride relatively consistently for about a year and a half now. Although I'm using 0.5 Mg everyday or EOD, I've seen a good amount of progress/maintenance. I'm also supplementing with store-brand minoxidil nightly. My hair has definitely thickened up, And I barely notice the hair thinning I was experiencing a year ago, but I'm lacking in density for sure. My hairline has filled in a bit, and I feel like I'm probably back to a norwood 1/2. My hair still isn't growing as FAST/long as the sides are, and I would probably attribute that to the miniaturization hindering the growth.

I feel like I would experience better results with minoxidil liquid rather than foam, which is what I've been using for the past year. I notice that no matter how i apply it, the foam doesn't reach my scalp very well, and gets caught in my hair instead. Anybody have any speculation/experience on which works better? Really trying to capitalize on these products!

Pictures to come!!!!!

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine foam and liquid have the same efficacy. Both have 5 percent minoxidil. I use the foam and I have to separate my hair everywhere and make sure I feel it hit the scalp. It's really preference; each works just as well

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine foam and liquid have the same efficacy. Both have 5 percent minoxidil. I use the foam and I have to separate my hair everywhere and make sure I feel it hit the scalp. It's really preference; each works just as well

Not the same. The liquid contains propylene glycol which allows the minoxidil to penetrate the scalp better.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The liquid is much cheaper, and it may or may not be more effective, however, it looks terrible and takes forever to dry. My recommendation is to get the best of both worlds by using liquid at night/before bed and foam in the morning

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not the same. The liquid contains propylene glycol which allows the minoxidil to penetrate the scalp better.

That's true, however, I think I saw a study once showing the same or slightly better results from the foam. Perhaps for some people the foam is more effective if they have a reaction to pg.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The liquid is much cheaper, and it may or may not be more effective, however, it looks terrible and takes forever to dry. My recommendation is to get the best of both worlds by using liquid at night/before bed and foam in the morning

Agreed on the aesthetics of liquid (only use at night when I'm alone or with gf, however once dried after an hour it's fine). I plan on adding foam in the morning, maybe not every morning like I mandator-ally do at night with the liquid, but when I have time/want to.