Profound Cultural Observation (the Plasticity Of Young Minds)

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was watching Game of Thrones with some friends the other day and realized something pretty profound. Imagine there was just a SINGLE, relatively young, attractive bald character in the show. The actual cultural ripple effect is insane. Like imagine for instance that Khal Drogo is physically identical in every other way, but just has a shaved head (it'd also suit the character perfectly). That show in particular has enough of a youth following that I believe it'd have a profound effect on the perception of young baldness. It would LITERALLY make certain 20 yr old girls significantly more attracted to bald dudes. All of the sudden everyone your age is telling you that you like Khal Drogo, instead of 50 yr old Statham or some sh*t. But nope, not a single young-ish attractive bald or even buzzed male in the cast. That doesn't even make sense in terms of population statistics?? I think I finally understand all the diversity in media arguments that used to irritate me as a teenager.

Last edited:

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most notable bald character in GoT is actually a eunuch! Ahahahahaha!!!!!

tumblr_inline_miuubqjaQv1qz4rgp.gif

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Floki and Ragnar from Vikings are kind of the closest I can think of in modern tv. Also you've gone completely mad with baldness if you think Khal Drogo with a shaved head wouldn't still be considered incredibly hot. Or fuckin Chris Daughtry with a giant Game of Thrones beard lol.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Conor Mcgregor, if he ever goes into acting, is another dude who'd make a perfect badass bald protagonist for the ppl to scarf down. He's like NW2 with some thinning right now and looks about as good as it gets with a shaved head.

Lavishous

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, this theory is still legit af. Modern culture, to a greater degree than biology, determine the associations people make with different appearances. At the very least, it can substantially temper the various biological influences at play. A shaved head conor mcgregor lead in a major netflix show or something would be a big deal.