Professional Swimmers And Baldness - Effect Of Water On Hair

miki

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering what is the effect of water on the hair so I decided to google about it. I couldn't find any information so I searched for images of professional swimmers. I googled "swimming man team" and I got hundreds of photos of whole swimming teams and to my surprise I couldn't see even one bald guy.

I'm not sure if this wasn't discussed here before and I'm not making any claims. Just sharing it with you to see what you think.

This is my first post. I made the account just to share this. I won't argue with anyone.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well id argue that water can clean hair, and chemical in water might make hair more brittle or something temporarily. I dont know what else there is to say unless you plan to live underwater or something. It makes no difference.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've lowkey thought this too as all my swimmer friends have great heads of hair... as do the few famous swimmers/divers that I know (Adam Peaty, Phelps, Tom Daley).

Can't really think about any science behind it as the chlorine is not healthy for either the hair or skin. Perhaps it's more so to do with a healthy life style.

Last edited:

miki

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's statistically significant group of people. Maybe the hair is thirsty.