Procerin requests Removal of Articles - Your Input Requested

bombscience

Reaction score
It may be useful to conduct a standardized survey with error margins from the user base who tried Procerin to accurately prove the claims.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, a few words for you HairLossTalk.com, you need to think about this from a few different angles i think.

when i first looked into hairloss treatments, i was 17. i got this snakeoil type thing, because when i saw its website, it talked scientifically about dht etc, but im afraid it was bullshit. it was basically saw p, and other herbs and stuff, that claimed to regrow all your lost hair within one year. of course now i know thats bullshit, but not having the knowledge i have now back then, i was duped. and you know, its not as if i didnt do any research. i looked up a few other products that came up when i search for "hairloss", and i searched the product name i was going to buy, but there was no negative feedback on it, so i bought it.

i was only on it for about 3 months, but it took 4 months from when i first looked into hairloss treatments till i got on finasteride. in these 4 months, i lost more hair than i ever have done in my whole life, and it caused a lot of heartache for me that could probably have been prevented, and id have been in a better situation now. i felt a bit bitter about the advertising of that bullshit product, excuse my french.

anyway, at the same time youve got to think like this...of course, its wrong to be bullied by people who are in the wrong. but at the same time, if they do manage to take the HairLossTalk.com site down, one way or another, hairloss sufferers will be worse off as a result. us as members, and those who havent found the place yet.

but still, i obviously think that the articles should remain there, its only just. but i think you should get a legal professional to check it over, maybe a friend whos in the field or something. but its not little things that your users can spot. i think this is quite important HairLossTalk.com.

maybe for the meantime, add something at the top of the article. something like, the content of this article is not factual in the sense that we havent tested the procerin product. it is based on opinion alone, although these opinions are based on a great wealth of personal knowledge of hairloss treatments, including scientific data from other hairloss treatments, and are supported by the many members of the HairLossTalk.com site.

just something to cover your back maybe.

keep fighting the good cause!

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I came very close to buying procerin when I first began researching. The thing is, when you first notice hair loss and are motivated enough to not go through denial or ignore it, you want to find the best product, begin using it, and put hair loss out of your mind! I now know that it's not quite that simple, that there are certain issues you have to be diligent about throughout, but for me the same night I got my hair loss noticing hair cut I was on the computer looking for what to do.

I was just barely savvy enough to realize there was something fishy about the procerin sites and that I should hold off and do more research. I found regrowth.com before this site, and from it I learned the true state of hair loss treatments. But these sites aren't the first thing you find when you're looking for hair loss info. So I was never duped.

As far as this situation goes, I think it's great that the article on procerin appears on the first page in google. That's how they get all their business- google searches from people looking for a quick fix so they get on with their lives. Which is what you should do- not let hair loss control your life. But what procerin does is very shady and underhanded. It causes people to lose their most valuable resource in the fight against hair loss- time. That being said, the language of the article title should be softer. Just give it a doubtful or slightly negative connotation. People will read it if it's on first page. It will be just as effective.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I did buy procerin and what a waste of money. I say keep them up, that is actually how I found this site. I was watching ESPN and Pat Riley was on saying that he is thinning and that he was researching everything, he then said he was going to start procerin or propecia, so they are getting there name out there plenty but that means that there are plenty of lies out there as well. I would say you will take down your articles when he takes down his sites that lie, a compromise, lex tallionis an eye for an eye if you will. Anyway everone is entitiled to their say and you have not lied so you have nothing to worry about.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep the articles until the articles themselves are wrong. A fact is a fact, the only reason he wants them down is because you are educating customers. And that means he is losing money. His logic is bass ackwards...well it makes sense from a business point of view but not from a consumer's view or a third party website like this one (third party meaning the outsider in the consumer/seller world). When they can prove it actually works, take em down. Until then, why in the hell would you remove them? He/they or whatever just wants to steal money, its glorified robbery.

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell CJ Montgomery to take an ethics class.

I don't know why you're even asking us for our opinions. The articles should obviously stay up. They're informative.

God forbid balding men get unbiased information.

Reaction score
Dear HairLossTalk.com,
I don't think you should worry about "losing" a lawsuit filed by Procerin. I rather think the point you should consider whether you are willing to have your time wasted from "defending" yourself from those lawsuits that Procerin wants to take action in.

So in short, Procerin knows they will not win, but they will want to harass you with lawsuits until you find it tiring to keep on defending yourself and finally giving in because it starts to take a lot of your time and some money perhaps. You yourself stated that you spent the night thinking what was wrong with your site and if there was anything Procerin could attack you on. This is even without any legal suits filed. Now what will happen when Procerin does file something against you? Are you psychologically prepared to accept it? And what about your valuable time?

Its easy for us guys in the forums to cheer yeah yeah keep the articles on! But if our moderator is away using time defending himself, who is going to be here with us to continue educating us and be our counsellor, consultant on hair loss?

I favor with keeping the articles on, but in a way it would be a selfish opinion since we won't have anything to do with legal cases. Come on guys, are we going to leave our moderator alone? He would be the one to face everything if some action was taken.

As for loopholes in HairLossTalk.com, the only one I could find is claiming you have the lowest price but that might not be the case for every product.

Best wishes
HAIRLOSS MILITANT

Petchsky

Reaction score
Reading hairlossmilitants post made me realise that procerin won't take you to court. I mean look at it? A, they would lose, B, bad publicity - taking a consumer info website to court for writing negative reviews would further kill CJ's shitty product

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
Maybe those affiliates should re-evaluate what kind of businesses they are dealing with. Personally i think they should be glad that you have exposed procerin for the scam artists that they are, thereby saving face for those businesses that are affiliated with them. Would any legit business want to be affiliated with an unethical company? Not if they would like to retain their customers. Now that they know procerin is BS the proper business move would be to drop any relations with procerin and regenerate some confidence back into the consumers that buys their products. Unless the affliates themselves are not conducting ethical business manners, they should be thanking you instead of hating you.

misterium

Reaction score
Yeah I bought 3 bottles many months back from an eBay auction..

I'm glad I got a refund no questions asked... the guy swore by the stuff that it was working for him, though.

:)

Screw them, keep the articles up.

A

Administrator

To whomever emailed CJ directly, please do not continue to do this. We do not condone harassing emails, even if you feel morally justified, and even if we agree with your position.

This thread was created to get your feedback on what you feel your hair loss community web site should do in response to the request made.

I believe that goal was accomplished. I appreciate everyone's input.

Admin

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I say keep the articles.

Bottom line:

This site, and other like it, exists to inform, help, and support other members. Procerin is a scam. If we're not willing to take a stand here then what the hell are we even doing here?

There are millions of men suffering from male pattern baldness and many of them are desperate to stop their loss. Scum like CJ Montgomery feed off their desperation to make a few quick bucks. That makes me sick to my stomach!

I say you keep them up and I suggest you tell CJ Montgomery that he can take his threats, shove em up his ***, and set fire to it.

Sincerely,

Brian

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I support keeping the articles on Procerin on HairLossTalk.com. Before coming on HairLossTalk.com and getting educated, i was very close to buying procerin because of its publicity and fake supporting websites. I think there is a strong need to keep these articles to educate people who are new to hair loss and also as a warning to other fake snake oils.
I have reviewed your site and it seems perfectly reasonable.
I have just 1 comment to say, and this is not to scare you HairLossTalk.com, but I have a gut feeling that CJM will try to get your entire site down, he might pay/hire a hacker to constantly create troubles.
I advise that you be careful on the web security issue.
I dont think he will drag you to court. In the end, only he will suffer.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have just checked google and tried putting procerin as keyword. The HairLossTalk.com articles have slipped down to number 3 and 4 respectively. The fake sh*t askdocweb.com article on procerin side effects has gone up the first rank.
HairLossTalk.com, have you come in some sort of agreement with CJM or Google that the articles on procerin have slipped down in ranking.
I did my job, going to google, typing procerin and then selecting the 3rd rank article. Repeated this process atleast 10 times, as the Google spider ranks web pages in search based on hits and locations. If everyone on this forum did the same thing, I think the HairLossTalk.com article would crop up again to number 1 position.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nexus says,
I did my job, going to google, typing procerin and then selecting the 3rd rank article. Repeated this process atleast 10 times, as the Google spider ranks web pages in search based on hits and locations. If everyone on this forum did the same thing, I think the HairLossTalk.com article would crop up again to number 1 position.

If someone can confirm this will up the article in the queue i will happily click on it 5-10 times and say my own personal up yours CJ on a daily basis.

????

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am a computer professional, and i know how search engine spiders work. Its a company secret of google, how they rank their webpages, but it has been concluded that its based on number of hits and location. There might be more factors to it, but usually any search engine spider looks for keywords in the HTML code and takes into account the number of hits.Trust me, if everyone on this forum did exactly as what i did, HairLossTalk.com article would crop up again. The search engine spider cannot be manually programmed to push down a result to number 3.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just checked now, HairLossTalk.com articles have again risen to rank 1 and rank 2. I think CJM has hired people or instructed people in his office, to constantly going to google and typing procerin, and select the askdocweb crap. I think my hitting the google link for HairLossTalk.com on postion 3, 10 times made a difference and it has helped if not responsible to crop HairLossTalk.com article to top again. But keep the race going on :lol: till procerin is out of business.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nexus81 Writes:

I think my hitting the google link for HairLossTalk.com on postion 3, 10 times made a difference and it has helped if not responsible to crop HairLossTalk.com article to top again. But keep the race going on till procerin is out of business.

I'm with ya brother. Down with procerin!