Procede patent as requested

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
If you dont have anything intelligent to say dont say anything at all. If you dont read through the whole patent please dont respond. So here we go
quoted from another site

"Theory behind Procede"

There have been questions on this forum and others on what Procede is (thickener or regrowth agent?) and how it might work. Here's one possibility.

http://www.hairsite5.com/m461zo20/_disc461/00000048.htm

In the above link you'll find information on the Morris Mann patent which offers of the most complete hypotheses of hairloss and why it happens.. it's highly useful to use an acid peel solution on the scalp, according to it, b/c these types of substances (keratolytics) dissolve the overly-thick keratin layer present in the scalps of balding patients, caused ultimately by fungal infection.

Procede, looking at its ingredients, is an obvious scalp peel treatment along these same lines. According to the Mann patent these should help free up the hair to grow normally however using acid peel(s) are only part of the equation.

Scalp peels have been discussed on hairsite in the past. Some of the more long-time members may remember "Slaphead" from a few years ago, who *claimed* phenomenal results using a deep acid peel on his scalp, discovered quite by accident when he had a scar on his head treated and observed hair regrowth. Through repeated scalp peels, one done every 2-3 months or so, he claimed to grow back most of his hair, starting from a NW6-7. Should Procede be along these same lines, this would help explain that one is supposed to use Procede once every 3 months and no more than that since the scalp has to have time to 'bounce back'- too much or too frequent application of acid peels can do much, much more harm than good.

Intestingly I noticed when Oz's group was still going, many of those who claimed success from the OzBrew (DMSO + MSM etc) observed *peeling* of the scalp in the early stages, after the conclusion of which they noticed the hair growth.

Don't misconstrue any of this; I'm not advising anyone to buy it or not buy it, just saying that according to some schools of thought, using a scalp peel (keratolytic acids) has merit to not just give the appearance of thicker hair, but actually help it regrow. Some keratolytics include some of the more common fruit acids- salicylic, glycolic, and some of the more powerful acids one should be esp. careful with using e.g. retinoic acid. Apparently the key is getting good penetration of these acids (and again, not too much, or too often) deep into the scalp ergo using salicylic acid mixed with water, sprayed on the scalp, probably will not do much.

Yes the language used to describe the product on the Procede website is pretty vague and duplicitous; I chalk this up mostly to the FDA's prohibition of overt claims of hair regrowth as this is restricted to products which are FDA approved for this purpose (e.g. minoxidil, Propecia), not entirely a bad thing. It's also very pricey considering one could probably mix up the same ingredients for 1/10th of the cost (but you'd have to know the right proportions)!

As far as commercially available hairloss treatments (not just anti-dandruff shampoos etc), the whole deep scalp peel vein has not been tapped since there are almost no products that deal with this aspect; Procede seems to be pioneering this approach which will be proven or disproven given adequate feedback on it over time.

G

So if this is so good for hairloss, why doesn´t any clinics use this procedure in treatment for for alopecia patients??

And it says nothing about how much hair it regrows and tickens, only that 100% got some result..

And this guy "Slaphead", does he have any before-after pictures??

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
hoping said:
Yes the language used to describe the product on the Procede website is pretty vague and duplicitous; I chalk this up mostly to the FDA's prohibition of overt claims of hair regrowth as this is restricted to products which are FDA approved for this purpose (e.g. minoxidil, Propecia), not entirely a bad thing.

G

I mean the "United States Patent 6,030,948 Mann, February 29, 2000"..
I dont put much fait in Procede, but the whole process in the study i can belive in!!

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
the patent is the product so they cant say it regrows hair in it due to regulation.

i love how there is a 4 page thing argueing about procede and when i put up documentation and knowledge no one replies.

powersam

Reaction score
well i think the problem is that noone actually wanted to read the patent because it is a patent and therefore proof of nothing except that someone filed it. plus you link to a post on hairsite which everyone knows is full of kooks and weirdos. they will claim anything under the sun works there, and every few months they find the new 'cure' and then a little while after that everyones forgotten and moved onto something else.

or maybe its just that in the last thread on this subject you acted like a total arse and made a fool out of yourself and out of respect (pity) we don't want to see you do that to yourself again.

many people on this site are open to discussing new treatments, trying new treatments etc. the one thing we all require though, is at least one independant study showing some promise.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
well i think the problem is that noone actually wanted to read the patent because it is a patent and therefore proof of nothing except that someone filed it. plus you link to a post on hairsite which everyone knows is full of kooks and weirdos. they will claim anything under the sun works there, and every few months they find the new 'cure' and then a little while after that everyones forgotten and moved onto something else.

or maybe its just that in the last thread on this subject you acted like a total arse and made a fool out of yourself and out of respect (pity) we don't want to see you do that to yourself again.

many people on this site are open to discussing new treatments, trying new treatments etc. the one thing we all require though, is at least one independant study showing some promise.

ummm....that site has nothing to do with the patent. they just copied the patent and posted it on there...

people always "diss" products and always ask for more information and when presented the excuse is always its to long its a scam and not worth my time reading it...whatever. i give up. If 100 people on here tried it and said it works you guys still wouldnt believe it.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry:) i just want people to open their eyes more is all.

well thx anyways.

powersam

Reaction score
our eyes are open. thats why we arent buying procede. i would suggest that you visit an optometrist though.

powersam

Reaction score
how exactly does this thread help our hairloss?

there is a new/experimental treatments forum for cases such as this. so it'd be nice if you'd keep your waste of time procede bullshite in that thread from now on.

if anyone ever decides to to an independant study on this stuff i will read it with interest. until then you and all your posts on this subject are as useful as tits on fish.

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
So procede is crap right?

It only takes one look at those low-budget commercials to know that.

I love the head turns, see I am not bald now....

Lame.

Joe.

G

Just try it.. Dont try Procede but try the patent product / procedure, if you can find out how to buy and mix the stuff u need..
I belive it can give u some result..
Remember to take before after pics in good resolution and then come back kick som traditional peoples ***.. I urge u ;)

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
i am already on dose one of procede with pics(need pics for money back anyways to prove it didnt work) in another month ill order dose 2.

HairCoverage

Reaction score
fish have tits?