Problems facing HM and Intercytex

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Although Intercytex are giving out very optmistic sounding info, id like us to discuss any forseeable problems with the procedure, perhaps problems that could significantly delay the estimated launch dates.

1- direction of hair growth? is it possibly for the surgeon to implant the follicle or whatever it is upside down so the hair grows into and not out of the scalp? if so, how will they avoid this?

2- there will be unprecedented demand for this. how will they cope and how long will it be before the average joe can have this procedure?

3- how will they "mechanise" the procedure in order to drastically improve the time in which it takes to implant 50,000 follicles?

4- will the people who conduct the procedure have to be Dr's? or possess any qualification? or will it be purely unregulated?

Cheers

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
1- direction of hair growth?

The transcript of the recent conference in London did not mention direction. However, ask nervx - he says that direction is no longer a problem.

how will they "mechanise" the procedure

In an interview from 2002, Ken Washenik said that this was what they were doing at the time, so I guess they've figured it out by now.

there will be unprecedented demand for this. how will they cope and how long will it be before the average joe can have this procedure?

That's what I want to know as well.

arrogantprick

Reaction score
Being a new, advanced, and cosmetic procedure, I am guessing it will be very expensive, but the good news is that it would put downward price pressure on other surgical options as many of the high income customers will move to hm. Other transplant doctors will have to a appeal to a lower income crowd.

What happens to your $5000 TV of a couple years ago when something clearly better comes out...You can now buy it for $2000.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
2- there will be unprecedented demand for this. how will they cope and how long will it be before the average joe can have this procedure?

Depends on how many clinics they can get ready for the demand, but i imagine there will be waiting lists at first.

3- how will they "mechanise" the procedure in order to drastically improve the time in which it takes to implant 50,000 follicles?

They implant cells not follicules so it's like getting a needle. Im guessing a multihead needle gun of sorts will be used. Estimated time for the whole procedure, biopsy visit and all, is said to take only a couple hours compared to a hair transplant which can take a couple days.

4- will the people who conduct the procedure have to be Dr's? or possess any qualification? or will it be purely unregulated?

We'll have to wait and see what's involved in the final procedure to find out.

Being a new, advanced, and cosmetic procedure, I am guessing it will be very expensive, but the good news is that it would put downward price pressure on other surgical options as many of the high income customers will move to hm. Other transplant doctors will have to a appeal to a lower income crowd.

Bosely and Intercytex are aiming to make HM cheaper than todays hair transplant. Im sure the price will still be inflated compared to what they can do it for but with large demand there's nothing stopping them.