Pro-cyte after hair transplant?

baldsucks

Reaction score
I'm having 3,000 grafts done in 3 weeks and I was just curious about Pro-cyte, graftcyte, kelo-cote scargel, mederma, and scar guard. I was told these accelerate the healing process afterwards. Any thoughts or info on these products appreciated. I found them on "makemeheal.co" but, I was wondering if their prices were high. Anybody know of a website that sells these products cheap. Any ideas on sleeping the first couple of nights without injuring new grafts? I have ordered a U-shaped firm recovery pillow, but I was wondering about a bed wedge. I am traveling for my surgery and staying the first two nights in a hotel that doesn't have recliners. Also, anybody have any good excuses for work after surgery. I will probably say that I got into an accident. I can't tell my employer about the hair transplant because the only way they would let me have the time off was for a "family vacation" that I'm supposedly taking that I had been planning for years. This was an agreement before they hired me 2 months ago. ( I just started a new job).

Any comments, ideas, info , and suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Folligen spray diluted 50-50 with distilled water. Order it over the internet. You get alot for the money. Put it on like minixodil.

Folligen is strong so wait 10 days before using it.

Procyte is good for getting rid of scabs so it can be used earlier but is much milder than Folligen. I would just buy the Folligen and use it for long term scalp health. Heck, you could probably dilute Folligen with 1 part Folligen and 9 parts distilled water and get close to procyte, for ALOT less money.

I myself, didn't put anything on my transplants, other than a daily shampoo, for the first 2 weeks. All the scabs came off within 5 to 10 days. For the first 2 weeks the doctor said to pour water over the transplants with shampoo mixed in a bowl of warm water. No scrubbing or rubbing the transplants. You can scrub the scar, but GENTLY. Rinse by pouring plain, warm water over the shampoo solution. Let the transplants air dry also for the first 2 weeks.

The doctor will tell you what to do after surgery. It isn't much at all. You can sleep normally after surgery. Just don't abuse the transplants for the first 2 weeks. By abuse I mean scratching hard, rubbing your transplants, bumping your head, etc. Just common sense type of caution is needed. Nothng special. You can GENTLY rub the scabs but be careful. (I've read that the transplants are pretty much in place after 4 days but my doctor said be careful for 2 weeks - he was probably being conservative - but that's what he advised.)