Prilosec and hair loss (new info)

rockandroll

Reaction score
Somone on this forum posted something about Prilosec being allegedly related to hair loss. Well, I just found an article (http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/120/3/211 - there's plenty more to find if you google Prilosec and B12) that states that Prilosec causes malabsorption of the B12 vitamin, which in turn is very important for hair. Now, maybe claiming that Prilosec causes hair loss may be taking this info too far, but with the existence of other antiacid drugs, those on Prilosec might want to look for other options!

My own hair loss seemed to accelerate considerably after only a month of taking it, but it might have just been a coincidence. I'm now quitting the Prilosec and waiting a few months to see what happens to my hair...

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Forget the Prilosec. Nasty sides.
Want to stop acid reflux in its tracks? Here's how...

Take 1 tablespoon of a good apple cider vinegar. It will burn for 5-8 seconds, then no more heartburn. Guaranteed with no other sides. :lol:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
goingoinbutnotgone said:
Yeah, I know it sounds like a bad idea, but just do it ONE TIME and you'll be very surprised !

It does work - I've tried it - but God it tastes awful. I've opted instead for a daily morning dose of Tagament, and, Tums throughout the day as needed.

The ACV didn't go to waste though - I added some cayenne pepper and dump it on my head a few mornings per week prior to shampooing :)