Prices?

stepbehind

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone knew what prices for hair transplants were five years ago in comparison to todays prices. I'm still a little too young for hair transplant surgery (age 21), but I'm hoping to get one in about 4-5 years from now. By comparing prices from five years ago to now, I might have a good idea if prices will be cheaper in the not so far off future. Thanks

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
stepbehind said:
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone knew what prices for hair transplants were five years ago in comparison to todays prices. I'm still a little too young for hair transplant surgery (age 21), but I'm hoping to get one in about 4-5 years from now. By comparing prices from five years ago to now, I might have a good idea if prices will be cheaper in the not so far off future. Thanks

Prices on traditional trnsplants have lowered in many cases over the past 5 years, but not much. There have always been clinics offering 3-4 dollar grafts, and the same can be said today. With the more advanced procedures i.e. FOX, grafts can run up to $12 a graft, so in some cases transplants have become more expenisve. I had my first procedure at age 19 and paid $4.50 per graft, at age 25 I paid $4.00 per graft, so there is not that much of a difference. I forecast that grafts won't go down much over the next 5 years. BTW, you are not too young for a hair a hair transplant, you may not be a candidate due to an extremely odd hairloss pattern or your hairloss is extremely unstable.. I feel that it's better to start early and live life than waste years of your life waiting to go completely bald so you can have 1 major hairtransplant. My best advice to any young person is to go talk to a hairtransplant doctor, he/she will usually know what's best for you.. All this talk about how young people should wait until they are old to get hair transplants is just silly..If I could have got a transplant at age 16 (when I started going bald) I would have.

stepbehind

Reaction score
Thanks Thomas, your advice was very helpful. Unfortunately, although I wish I could have Hair transplants, I can't really afford them. As I'm still going through college, I can't really raise up 1000+ dollars to go get one. Unless I created some sort of "donate to buy me hair" website...which I doubt would make me any money at all.

It sucks that transplant prices haven't gone down in recent years, but I'm holding onto the hope that with new research, such as gene therapy or hair cloning, that hair transplants will be cheaper. I just hope that with my current regimen that I'll be able to maintain or regrow the hair that I have now.