Price of hair transplant (both types)

Thinning1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been looking into a hair transplant of both types (strip and FUE) for some time now and had a question about the prices. What I want to know is how do the arrive at the prices of $4 or $5 or $8 a graft for the different clincs and types. I mean IMHO I think thats rather expensive considering its a days work. I understand that your paying for expertise and equipment and all the other things that go into running a clinic, but $10,000 USD a day is a lot of cash, and considering most of the good clincs are booked out 6 months in advance, clearly there isn't a shortage of $$ comming in.

So, having vented that. Is there any reason to beleive that in the next few years prices will drop? I would have thought that as FUE became more common, strip prices would have come down, but that certainly doesn't seem to have happened.

Discuss...

G

The reason FUE prices are more expensive is the time it takes to harvest the hair; each hair is plucked one at a time. Strip is a lot easier and quicker as it's just a slice in the head and then someone quickly divides the hairs.

I can see FUE coming down in price over the next few years as the procedure will have been refined and even automated to a certain degree. Can you imagine a machine that could implant the hair with laser-guided precision without the need to cause any trauma to the scalp. Now that would be something...

Thinning1

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, it would be something, but i have trouble seeing it here any time in the next decade.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how is a machine going to know what is best for the size / shape of your face?? AI isnt nearly that good yet i dont think and i would be more comfortable with another human with common sense and judgement to give me a hairtransplant anyday .. well atleast the hairline as that is the most crucial part of a transplant to do right.. atleast i think i could be wrong.

finallyhair

Reaction score
When you have the procedure and have a crew of about 13 working on you and taking shifts and are able to see what goes down then it is easy to see what costs so much. Quite frankly, I now think that they don't make as much as we think. By the way, I'm a paint contractor.