Preventing Gyno???

Griffen

Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for almost a full year now. I'm worried that im showing signs of gyno, but its probably just the extra weight ive put on over the last year. Is there a good way to prevent gyno from happening in the first place, or getting rid of it once its started?

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Im very parnoid when it comes to gyno myself so after a bit of research I read about DIM (Dindolymethane) Flax Lignans and Turmeric all have a balancing effect on your estrogen levels (pardon the rubbish science explanation) if you dig around google you will find a bit about them. I supplement with all three with the hope it keeps things in check for prevention rather then cure.

LulzKiller

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "showing signs"? If you just think your breasts are getting bigger, that's not a "sign". I had gyno when I was a teenager, as 60 % of teenage boys do, and I can tell you that it wasn't my breasts growing that got me, it was the sensitivity. Are your nipples really sensitive? I remember the first time I noticed I had it: My friend punched me softly in the chest and I felt this pain that lasted for about 20 minutes.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Buy some aromasin or femara. They are both aromatase inhibitors which basically prevents the formation of the enzyme responsible for gyno. Another option is cabergoline which works also to increase libido as well as prevent gyno but if gyno control is the main thing wanted I would go with femara or aromasin first. They are widely used by bodybuilders to combat gyno from steroids and lower water retention and could help with fat burning as well as create a leaner looking physique.

Griffen

Reaction score
I don't have any pain in the nips, but my chest is a little..... flabbyr? Am I in the clear because of this, or can i get man-breasts without the pain?

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
Griffen said:
or can i get man-breasts without the pain?

Probably. You should have your hormone levels checked (saliva hormone levels). I had mine checked by Life-Flo a while back (http://www.life-flo.com) you can buy the kit online (it's called "Evalu8") and you pay for each hormone that they check. You'll need to contact them for details because I don't know prices and it was a few years ago that I used them. The nice thing is they will send the results to you OR your doctor. They might not admit that over the phone though or on their web site... regulatory issues maybe, I dunno. But why else do they sell the test kits directly to the public?

BTW, they don't seem to sell the kit on their web site, but other web sites (like vitamin stores etc) have it. The kit is less than $10 but call them about pricing for the actual testing. If you want to check your estrogen levels just check the most important estrogen: estradiol (estrone is optional and don't bother with estriol).

There are probably other / better places or companies to have saliva testing. If you find anything better please post it for others to know about.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
I had plenty of pain, but some people claim that gyno kinda creeped up on them... But there is several explanations to this.
1 You CAN get gyno from finasteride, and if it is growing rapidly you WILL feel it.
2 You can get pseudo-gyno from the extra body fat that finasteride CAN cause as well. (higher estrogen --> higher body fat %)

Get it checked out. If you have hard lumps/discs underneath your skin then you have gyno. If it just feels fatty you have pseudo-gyno.

Get a physician to check you out if you are worried.