Preventing Gyno While on Propecia

mattg817

Reaction score
I have been taking Propecia for about a month now, and so far no sides, and the only side that really scares me is the possibility of getting gyno (which I understand is pretty rare with 1mg finasteride). Is there anything like supplements that I should use or avoid to reduce the chance of developing gyno? Thanks a lot

antonio666

Reaction score
you have no reason to worry about gyno on propecia,it happens but is very rare,i on the other hand have reason to worry about gyno because i
am taking avodart daily as well as 100mg of oral spironolactone

Pondle

Reaction score
mattg817 said:
I have been taking Propecia for about a month now, and so far no sides, and the only side that really scares me is the possibility of getting gyno (which I understand is pretty rare with 1mg finasteride). Is there anything like supplements that I should use or avoid to reduce the chance of developing gyno? Thanks a lot

I take 100mg of Grape Seed Extract daily, it's supposed to be an aromatase inhibitor (probably very mild). I think you should try to keep in shape while taking Propecia, Proscar or Avodart; apparently fat guys are more at risk of developing gyno while on these drugs, since they already have elevated estrogen levels.

mattg817

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I've heard good things about Grape Seed Extract, I'll look into that. Also, I do a lot of cardio because I go to school in the mountains (hiking, climbing), so I don't have much body fat, which I guess is a good thing.