Prescription For Topical Finasteride?

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for better part of 7-8 years and have mainatined on it. A few months ago however my hair loss accelerated again for no apparent reason and I started loosing a lot of ground. I decided to up my regimen so in addition to my 1,25 mg finasteride I added 15 % minoxidil with azelaic acid and 0,1 % finasteride (equal to 1 mg). I also added duasteride 0,5 mg twice weekly. Have also been using topical spironolactone and alfatradiol a few times per week.
Shedding completely stopped after just over a month, and have even been starting to notice the beginning of regrowth now just over 2 months in. However I also started getting sensitive nipples a few weeks back, first though I was imagining and that it would go away but it has not and now I can actually feel small lumps in left breast and it has very slightly changed shape (noticeable to me and if pointed out, probably not otherwise). Imagine that Gyno, out of all shitty sides one can get I get one of the most uncommon ones. Also surprised as finasteride 1,25 mg did not give me this. And adding another 1 mg topical should not really change my DHT/estrogen levels much more than the oral already does. So basically it must be the dutasteride doing this, even though I have only been on two pills per week.

I do not want to mess with my body to this extent, but still want to keep hair. Not really sure what to do now. Will not take any more dutasteride, and am pausing the finasteride for at least a week to see if symtoms start to subside. Just read about Hasson and Wongs liposomal finasteride cream which reduces systemic absorption, while still seems to be giving good effects on hair. As I see it this is probably my last shot at reducing hair loss and not growing gyno more. My GP does not know anything about hair loss and not willing to precribe anyhting for it. So am looking for a doctor who will as the HassonandWong formulation requires a prescription to the pharmacy. Anyone know of anyone who would be willing to do this?

Thanks, am currently feeling very down about this and a bit desperate as I know without treatment my hair loss will accelerate again.

Mountinvan

Reaction score
There is Medical Wellness Center. Google it. IMHO you should not use both finasteride and dutasteride. The doctor at Medical Wellness can advise.

Raktafa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, however am primarily after the hassonandwong topical as it seems to be the moat proven one and medical wellness center were not interestes in writing a prescription for anything but their own products.

Actually I figured slowly transitioning from finasteride to dutasteride by echanginh first pne and then two pills weekly, would be better and am glad I did so now. Have now stopped finasteride and pain is gone. Had I only been on dutasteride it would still have had an effect for several weeks due to long half life.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
off topic slightly but could you tell me where you buy your alfatradiol?? I have been wanting to add this to my regime for a long time