Prepecia-like side effects with Revivogen?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
I've been using Revivogen pretty consistently for about 9 months with good results and next to no side effects. Just a bit of itching. Then, after about 9 months, I started getting some side effects that are typically associated with Propecia - the common, sexual ones. Then those side effects started getting worse so I stopped Revivogen for about a month. The side effects receded. I decided to start it up again because I thought that since I flushed it out of my system I would have another 9 good months. No such luck. After two months the side effects once again came back so I stopped for the second time.

This was about a two months ago and since then I've only been using Rogaine. Anyways, anyone have any idea as to what may be going on?

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
No, the effects you mentioned must be coincidental. There's nothing in Revivogen that could cause sexual side effects.

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
Revivogen does contain Saw Palmetto, which, taken internally, has shown some evidence of 5AR-like effects. This may be some explanation of why people report seeing benefits like a reduction in hair loss. It is also commonly marketed as an herbal prostate-health promoting supplement. However, I am skeptical. I haven't seen a lot of conclusive evidence in longer-term studies. I am even more skeptical of Saw Palmetto being able to be absorbed topically in any amount that would affect hair loss.

If I were you, I really wouldn't waste my time and money on Revivogen. The evidence just isn't there. You say that you've also been taking Minoxidil/Rogaine? How can you be so sure that your results aren't solely from the minoxidil?