Preparation And Evaluation Of Minoxidil Foamable Emu Oil Emulsion

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Animal study, not really interesting.

Human testing is what we need.

You can rub a wooden plank against a bald mouse and it will regrow its hair.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually there are only 40 genes that are different from a human and a mouse, did you know that or did you think that most studies done on them are done just because they didn't want to do tests on another animal ?

I saw this "line" so many times with "you can do whatever to a mouse and he regrows hair", here and on reddit and i really wonder if most of you think your some kind of doctors after saying it, cos guess what, your not and you don't even f*****g know what your talking about, you just think it makes you look interesting and informed but in reality your none of them, your quite the opposite...

If mouse studies or animal model in general was that good, then we would have multiple products now that could regrow new hair. But fact is that when its comes to mouse and human trails, we don't see that same results.

Also animal models are criticised because they can't be transferred from animal to human to give the same results. Even though that the disease look the same in mouse and human, the problem is that it can act differently in mice and humans even though it might look the same.

They also have same problem with diabetes 1 and asthma and so on in mouse studies, they need to introduce the sickness into the mouse even though it doesn't have it, and even though it looks like the same in, they acts differently in the genes in the mice.

That is why you can't do a 1:1 translation from mice to humans, because we aren't the same in any way, we simply react differently because of genes.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That does not mean that they can't find way to transfer the effect from the mouse to the human, and human trials are different because many other factors are involved, from laws, money, etc bla bla ... With all the differences they are and always will be the best first model to try things on because as i said, with all the differences, there are only 40 genes that are different between humans and a mouse, even if some react differently they still can indicate valuable pathways...

But i agree that they should invest more in human trials but because of the laws in many countries, it's very hard to start them, don't wanna talk about what it means to actually conducted until the end with some results out of it!

What exactly is the difference between mouse and human trails? if we take aside money and law? only the ethical which tells us that human life is more worth than a mouse.

You still need to do the experiments on both.

But they don't indicate valuable pathways, if they did then we would have many more products on out the market now. that is the whole problem! we don't have the same reactions and pathways even though we share a lot of the same genes. That is why we don't really care for mouse studies, because they don't tell anything about how it will actually work on humans.

Mice have been cured for many diseases for decades that still haven't been cured in humans. Why we still use those mouse models is a good question since they translate bad into humans.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone think putting Emu oil over minoxidil would make it penetrate more?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Emu oil is a proven transdermal and has high anti-inflammatory ability. Emu oil can quickly penetrate two or three inches deep in the body and reduce the pain without the distracting hot or smell. Emu oil is also an effective transdermal carrier that can carry other products past the barrier layers of the skin.

droog40

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes emu oil is a powerful vehicle, you need to be careful with it, I used it with minoxidil years ago and got pronounced minoxidil side effects even after reducing the dosage to the barest minimum. I still use emu oil separately though because it is an awesome topical anti-inflammatory -- it takes the itch away and also reduces daily hair fall by a lot.

EDIT: I should note it's also awesome after microneedling, it enhances and speeds healing and is known to minimize scarring and fibrosis in wound healing.