Precentage Chance of Frontal regrowth

G

Jm0311 said:
hmm most likely my revita then...because my temples are looking horrible!!!!

No, the only side effect that can occur from Revita within 2 weeks is that shrinkage of the cranium.

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
killbill123 said:
Jojje said:
well frontal is the hardest.. so if u respond good to finasteride then maibe 50-25 % chanse for regrowth in front... and its difrent from person to person how much regrowth... its har to put a % on it

See, this is what I'm wondering about. I'm thinking of starting finasteride, but I need frontal/temporal/hairline maintenance and hopefully regrowth. If finasteride has such a low chance of working on those areas, I'm not sure it's worth going on it right now while my hair is cosmetically OK.

I'm a Norwood 2, imo, btw.

I don't understand this, killbill. What's your alternative? Well, dutasteride obviously, but some anecdotes (and they are only anecdotes) suggest that is equally modestly effective at the front and temples. But either finasteride or dutasteride will clearly be a whole hell of a lot better than nothing. Remember, the earlier you start these treatments the more hair you'll save.

Where I'm coming from is this - my hairline and temples are the only place I am losing anything. A lot of these posts are indicating finasteride doesn't work on this area. So without any crown loss or other diffuse thinning, why go on finasteride and risk side effects with such a low possibility of improvement?

I'm looking at it from a cost-benefit analysis. I haven't ruled out finasteride, but I'm not sure it can help my kind of hair loss.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well you could try minoxidil, it's working for my hairline so far

johorat

Reaction score
Pondle said:
You're one month in? You probably haven't even started responding to the finasteride yet. It takes at least 3 months, longer for many people.

Do you mean at least 3 months to see visible result or 3 months for the mechansim within the follicle to respond?

G

johorat said:
Pondle said:
You're one month in? You probably haven't even started responding to the finasteride yet. It takes at least 3 months, longer for many people.

Do you mean at least 3 months to see visible result or 3 months for the mechansim within the follicle to respond?

Good question. Doesn't finasteride start reducing DHT levels IMMEDIATELY after the first dosage? I would guess it simply takes time for those follicles, that were previously "choked out" by DHT, to start growing in size again.

I guess maybe a better way to state it is that finasteride starts working immediately but due to the the cylces of growth with hair it would take at least x months to notice any results? Bryan?

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
hair grows in 3 month cycles
has worked around the temples for me

if you want to encourage real growth round that area you will probably have to apply minoxidil aswell

Pondle

Reaction score
Hair growth cycle times

anagen phase, 2–3 years (occasionally longer)
catagen phase, 2–3 weeks
telogen phase, around 3 months

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
killbill123 said:
Jojje said:
well frontal is the hardest.. so if u respond good to finasteride then maibe 50-25 % chanse for regrowth in front... and its difrent from person to person how much regrowth... its har to put a % on it

See, this is what I'm wondering about. I'm thinking of starting finasteride, but I need frontal/temporal/hairline maintenance and hopefully regrowth. If finasteride has such a low chance of working on those areas, I'm not sure it's worth going on it right now while my hair is cosmetically OK.

I'm a Norwood 2, imo, btw.

well i combine finasteride with minoxidil foam and it did grete for my hairline, im growing back to basick :D
You should try it.

GL