PProccerin Scam? Spelling is different to avoid blocking.

rcarrace

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the name of this product is automatically blocked out. It seems that everyone thinks the product makers are full of it. I am 38 and have just noticed thinning for the past year ... although I have receeded above my temples (which I've had for a long time) I do have a full head of hair. It's just that I have less in density. I do lose about 40 to 50 hairs a day ... but I've heard that this is normal. Hair sheds. The thing is I do not have any bald spots and I just want to get more of my thickness. I'm concerned with using Propecia or Rogaine because I do not know if I really need it. When my hair is dry you could see some of the scalp in the front where the hair naturally parts. In essence, my hair has to be wet, oily or under strong lighting to notice some thinning. Even though this is true ... I know that I've thinned because I've always had a lot of hair. There is really no balding in my family although my father's hair did thin significantly by age 60. I'm just confused as to where to go from here. I think I'd rather try something natural. Then again, I'm catching this at a very early stage and wonder if I should use the products with the best reps like ... Propecia and Rogaine.

Hopefully I could get feedback on PProccerin ... Is it a scam?

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a scam - one of the most well-known scams out there. Stay clear. Even if has what it claims in it, it's basically a high dose of saw palmetto. A supplement that has never been proven to reverse hairloss.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
don't get us started.... stay well away.

not only is a total scam, but it's more expensive than FDA approved treatments that actually went through trails for safety and effectiveness.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
the worst thing is, when you first search for harloss treatments thats the first product that comes up everywhere!
i was sooo close to ordering it too, luckily my mum stopped me.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PProvillius. PProcerin and various other hebal treatments all rely on Saw Palmetto and they add iron, Zinc, Biotin etc and charge loads more than buying plain Saw Palmetto and a multivitamin.

Saw Palmetto has been shown to reduce DHT but its very weak compared to the real meds like finasteride for hairloss. Tests I have seen on Saw Palmetto reduce DHT by up to 30% which is not even half the reduction finasteride provides hence its not very effective.

From what you say it does not sound like you need to get on meds..Just eat healthy and take vitamins..A good hair multivitamin. Send in photos if you want opinions from those here on the board if you really think you are suffering hairloss that needs treatments.

rcarrace

Reaction score
I started Propecia about 10 days ago. I wnet to my dermatologist for another reason and asked her if I needed Propecia and she said no. She really did not look at me ... I know I was losing hair and I have been for the last two years. The only thing is that I have a lot of hair so many people do not notice.

Anyway the good news is that. After 10 days of using Propecia my hair loss has been cut by 50%. I'm losing roughly half the amount I did ten days ago.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MSFB said:
the worst thing is, when you first search for harloss treatments thats the first product that comes up everywhere!
i was sooo close to ordering it too, luckily my mum stopped me.

You have one of the most 'campest' regimens in the history of this forum.

Sean68

Reaction score
...he doesnt use nizorelle though. :)

'ooh i say...'

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sean68 said:
...he doesnt use nizorelle though. :)

'ooh i say...'

Lol well nizzy could imply Nizorelle. I only use Nizorelle because I thought it was the Nizoral UK version however I later learned that it was the 1% version. As soon as my bottle runs out I will use Nizoral (2%). Seriously the campness of his regimen is annoying me.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm posting again so I don't have an unlucky no of posts.

abcdefg

Reaction score
im pretty much in the same boat as you are. I have a prescription for propecia that has sat on my dresser for almost a year now. I am probably more cautious then most about taking a medication that changes my hormone profile something I consider a very serious decision especially when taken for a lifetime.