Potential promising news - Border might re-open between N. Korea and China?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

Even if this is true, it will take many months before things are "back to normal".

But still. We also have no idea of what is going on there, Vis a Viz COVID-19!

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does this really mean? They still need the supplies to make the systems? Will the same (experienced) workers be ready to continue working?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they got a bunch of new inexperienced workers to make the systems in China. What happened to the old workers, and why didn't they just keep using them? Also, my current supplier, HairHub in the UK, said that their production facilities have been cut off. Presumably these were based in China, so why would they be 'cut off'?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they got a bunch of new inexperienced workers to make the systems in China. What happened to the old workers, and why didn't they just keep using them? Also, my current supplier, HairHub in the UK, said that their production facilities have been cut off. Presumably these were based in China, so why would they be 'cut off'?

As I have explained, on numerous occasions... there were no "old" workers. The industry was scaled up on these N. Korean workers.

There always were limited facilities in China that did special orders, and rush work depending on the company. These folks could not handle the volume, and they are the ones training the new workers.

Not all manufacturers had on-shore facilities, and hence... no product.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW... I didn't know who they were until I went to their website:

This is what they are claiming:

COVID-19: Due to the pandemic, regretfully, our supply chain has been disrupted, so many of our stock systems are currently unavailable. If your preferred design is not in stock, we can make a custom-made order for you and we're currently offering a free upgrade to our rush service, guaranteeing delivery within 3-4 weeks. Please contact us for further details.

From what you folks have said... 3-4 weeks is NOT doable. Also, if they can get a custom system made in that short period of time, then why are they NOT having stocks made for them? (Hint, some of us are doing just that).

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I Really hope things could start getting back to ALITTLE even more normality... trying to find lace systems is a full time job atm . and my anxiety about having issues getting hair systems is at an all time high for the past 12months, and thats even when i have a few already! i just want to be able to buy one when i want it.. so Praying for things to start kicking back into normality for all , us and all the workers who need to have jobs etc... fingers MASSIVELY crossed!

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Is the thought that once the boarders open , that all the stock systems in N.Korea warehouses will be available again? Would you think that there are thousands of stock lace systems waiting to be sent to companies for sale ????? i CERTAINLY hope so .

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally am waiting. I just stopped wearing for ages and I've got spares to see me through the transition between reopening and customs being freely available again.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the thought that once the boarders open , that all the stock systems in N.Korea warehouses will be available again? Would you think that there are thousands of stock lace systems waiting to be sent to companies for sale ????? i CERTAINLY hope so .
Those that were in progress were released at the start of the pandemic... no hair products were allowed into N. Korea, since. They were afraid of COVID-19 on the hair... and then they closed the border completely.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW... I didn't know who they were until I went to their website:

This is what they are claiming:

COVID-19: Due to the pandemic, regretfully, our supply chain has been disrupted, so many of our stock systems are currently unavailable. If your preferred design is not in stock, we can make a custom-made order for you and we're currently offering a free upgrade to our rush service, guaranteeing delivery within 3-4 weeks. Please contact us for further details.

From what you folks have said... 3-4 weeks is NOT doable. Also, if they can get a custom system made in that short period of time, then why are they NOT having stocks made for them? (Hint, some of us are doing just that).

It does seem to be a bit of a bold claim for them to state that they can make a custom system in 3 - 4 weeks. I've never seen any hair system company be able to do that, and HairHub certainly cannot deliver their custom units in that time frame despite what their website claims.

Btw they also told me that their factory is located in Bangladesh. Is this a common place for hair systems to be made? They said the reason for the delays is that Bangladesh is currently in the middle of another lockdown, so their factory has had to temporarily close.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got to wait it out boys.

2022 will be the return.
It does seem to be a bit of a bold claim for them to state that they can make a custom system in 3 - 4 weeks. I've never seen any hair system company be able to do that, and HairHub certainly cannot deliver their custom units in that time frame despite what their website claims.

Btw they also told me that their factory is located in Bangladesh. Is this a common place for hair systems to be made? They said the reason for the delays is that Bangladesh is currently in the middle of another lockdown, so their factory has had to temporarily close.

True.
12-14 weeks is the standard time to make a custom hair system, normally.
Some places offer rush delivery for 8-10 weeks.

As soon as I get my money back from HairHub, I'm going for MG Ford(Mike) after that.

He does custom hair systems with rush delivery for £80 extra that take 8-10 weeks.
And roughly £415 for the custom and he has full lace etc.

3-4 weeks is either a lie or a customised stock system.
Even on rush delivery custom systems don't arrive that quick.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True.
12-14 weeks is the standard time to make a custom hair system, normally.
Some places offer rush delivery for 8-10 weeks.

As soon as I get my money back from HairHub, I'm going for MG Ford(Mike) after that.

He does custom hair systems with rush delivery for £80 extra that take 8-10 weeks.
And roughly £415 for the custom and he has full lace etc.

3-4 weeks is either a lie or a customised stock system.
Even on rush delivery custom systems don't arrive that quick.

There's no way on God's earth a custom system is going to be made in 3 - 4 weeks. Mind you, I do have to ask why it normally takes 12 - 14 weeks. Does it really take them long to knot some hair onto a lace base? If they workers are working full days, why does it take so long?

Also, did HairHub say they're going to refund your money? I threatened them with action from trading standards, but they're still reluctant to return my money, just saying 'your investment is safe with us' and 'it'll definitely be delivered no later than the start of next month once the factory reopens' etc. I don't think I'm going to get my money back from them, so I'll probably just have to write off what I've paid and if they do eventually deliver the custom system them it'll just be a bonus really. Got knows when it'll be delivered, if ever - probably about June or July. I've got my heart set on changing to another company really.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I have considered hair hub in the past, this has really put me off.

I would clearly care if it was late and possibly an unknown delivery date. That's understandable at the moment. But when you are being misled and lied to, that's a different situation entirely.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't know them... so I can't answer that, specifically. I am aware of a factory outside of China that was promising us 4-6 week delivery.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no way on God's earth a custom system is going to be made in 3 - 4 weeks. Mind you, I do have to ask why it normally takes 12 - 14 weeks. Does it really take them long to knot some hair onto a lace base? If they workers are working full days, why does it take so long?

Also, did HairHub say they're going to refund your money? I threatened them with action from trading standards, but they're still reluctant to return my money, just saying 'your investment is safe with us' and 'it'll definitely be delivered no later than the start of next month once the factory reopens' etc. I don't think I'm going to get my money back from them, so I'll probably just have to write off what I've paid and if they do eventually deliver the custom system them it'll just be a bonus really. Got knows when it'll be delivered, if ever - probably about June or July. I've got my heart set on changing to another company really.

Nope, not yet...
They are being c**** and not answering my emails now.
I scheduled a call but they only had 4th May 2021 as the soonest.
Why can't I just ring the motherfuckers or get them to call me. But they have no number I can find to call on..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, not yet...
They are being c**** and not answering my emails now.
I scheduled a call but they only had 4th May 2021 as the soonest.
Why can't I just ring the motherfuckers or get them to call me. But they have no number I can find to call on..

Is this... them?