Posted up some pics

zroca

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you read my story. 19 years old and been losing my hair for about a year and a few months. Been on rogaine 2% for a little over a month now and I'm going to go see the derm in about 10 days from now. Anyways I really don't know what my condition is right now, but would like the people on this forum to check out several pics I posted at http://zroca.tripod.com I really don't know where a rank on the norwood scale theres a lot of thinning all over the top. I'm still a newbie to this hair loss thing and like any newbie I don't want to lose anymore hair!!

Should I stay on rogaine 2% or just dump it and hopefully get a prescription for propecia? Is there a good chance I can regrow my hair where it's thinning on these mediacations?

My hair is a little bit worse in person the pics actually make my hair look a tad bit fuller they also arnt that high quality pics as they were taken with a camera cell phone. I'll keep the site updated with any further progress.

Thanks
Zroca

G

man, your hairloss is so much like mine except my temples are more receded. Get onto propecia soon. I can't advise you to dump the minoxidil 2%, but i'm sure the other guys on here will tell you to get on 5%. I am currently diffusing all over the top like you and i have recession at the temples and am using minoxidil 5% on the temples only. I am also on propecia.

zroca

Reaction score
I started rogaine before doing any research online about my hair loss. I seen the 5%, but I figured that to be for people with more hair loss than mine so I decided to start out low at 2%. I start finding out more info about hair loss and it would just be better to pop a pill every day than take rogaine twice a day so hopefully this rogaine hasn't had much of an effect on me yet so when I do stop rogaine and jump on propecia hopefully I won't see that much of a diffrence in my hair loss and hopefully propecia will be able to regrow anything I have lost. I want to atleast enjoy a full set of hair threw my twenties, bang a few more females and meet that special one, with a full set of hair. I figure by the time I'm 30 technology hopefully will be more advanced with better ways to prevent hair loss.
Thanks for the reply badasshairday
Zroca

G

i'd say f*** the 2% twice a day and get onto propecia. You might want to try 5% though maybe once a day, or stay on the 2% once a day. But i don't think you need to be using minoxidil that much and plus you will be on propecia. You're hair isn't so bad yet so the propecia and maybe a once a day minoxidil appliction could be good. Have you noticed a shed from the minoxidil? If not, i'd say f*** minoxidil all together and just get on propecia and nothing else. See how that works for you for about a year and if you still don't get the results you want, add the minoxidil.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea minoxidil is a bigger hassle than finasteride. althought it is more of a risk, sheds are probaly about the same. But finasteride is easy and quick. If finasteride doesn't work for me then i dunno :eek:

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
I figured that to be for people with more hair loss than mine

Your'e well on your way to having worse loss than most, so thinking is is not right in this situation.

If you stick with rogaine get the 5%
If you can handle propecia, get on it right away and use nizoral.

You are at that point where just 2% ain't going to do jack sh*t and very notcieable loss is just around the corner

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
You look like a perfect cadadate for the big three. Propecia, Rogaine 5%, Nizoral....Since your young and a diffuse thinner this should work great for you....Just stick with it for a year and see what happens. I'm on the the big 3 now. I wish I would have started a long time ago.

BHD

zroca

Reaction score
I still have 2 bottle of 2% I would hate to go to waste. Could I use 2% in the morning and than 5% at night, and expect to see any results from that?
Thanks
Zroca

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Obviously kill the bottle. and then continue with 5%

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
zroca -

if we built a tool whereby you could post your own pictures on the site, post your own ongoing updates, and describe your regimen kind of like your own little online diary progress tracking system, would you be interested in using it?

HairLossTalk.com

zroca

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
zroca -

if we built a tool whereby you could post your own pictures on the site, post your own ongoing updates, and describe your regimen kind of like your own little online diary progress tracking system, would you be interested in using it?

HairLossTalk.com

Sounds like a good idea to me
Zroca

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
zroca -

HairLossTalk.com

HairLossTalk.com,

I BELIEVE THAT THIS WOULD BENIFIT MANY OF THE POSTERS HERE, FOR I KNOW THAT I WOULD BE MORE APT TO POST SOME UPDATES WITH PICS IF THIS OPTION WAS READILY AVAILABLE TO US.

NOMAD

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Thanks for the input nomad. We've had a photo gallery on the site for awhile but it started back in 1999 when people weren't very savvy at putting pictures online. In fact, the HairlossTalk photo gallery was the first of its kind. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/

All the other sites duplicated it after we did. Unfortunately it was also *before* it's time, so not many people participated, and getting guys to send pictures in was like pulling teeth...

Our gallery currently requires that I put the pictures up myself. I think a self-administered personal online diary would be a great addition to this site. We might be able to link it to the "Tell Your Story" section of the forums as well.

Would anyone else here make use of it?

HairLossTalk.com

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think if more people posted their pics(not including people that dont have a camera)it would give us even more hope then we already have.I was devastated when i started losing hair but since being on this forum and talkin with people that are not only in my position but beyond it,it has given me a great deal of relief knowing that their are people out there that are fighting this male pattern baldness and winning.

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Thanks for the input nomad. We've had a photo gallery on the site for awhile but it started back in 1999 when people weren't very savvy at putting pictures online. In fact, the HairlossTalk photo gallery was the first of its kind. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/

All the other sites duplicated it after we did. Unfortunately it was also *before* it's time, so not many people participated, and getting guys to send pictures in was like pulling teeth...

Our gallery currently requires that I put the pictures up myself. I think a self-administered personal online diary would be a great addition to this site. We might be able to link it to the "Tell Your Story" section of the forums as well.

Would anyone else here make use of it?

HairLossTalk.com

yeah i understand. and yes this self-administered diary sounds nice. well, be sure to post the availability of something such as this. thanks.

nomad