Post your treatment and results! (fluridil, innovate , dutasteride.)

new-here

Reaction score
Hi people...just adding this post for everybody to keep us up to date on whats working and whats not working! I am currently using spironolactone 2% twice a day ( 6 days), finasteride 1.25mg ( 1 and 1/2 months) and nizoral 2% once very three days ( 1 month) .I also have minoxidil 5% day and night but i am too concerned about the shedding and being dependent so i am not using it yet.. . In my case its too soon to my mind up regarding the results... but i have no side effects and no shedding ( gracias a dios!!) . My advice too everyone is that if you are starting to thin , start finasteride .. dont worry about the side effects becuase if you suffer some they will go away after you stop using it (fact) .. good luck to everybody!!
-----

THose of you who are using fluridil ( eucapil ) , innovate and dutasteride .. please keep up us updated !! we must inform each other on the results to avoid snake oil and stuff.

peace

Stingray

Reaction score
6 days on Dutasteride and all's well so far. I don't expect to see any changes until at LEAST month 4, so I'll keep you posted on anything and everything that happens. Good luck with your crap yo.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Stingray, just wondered if you were planning on cutting back to taking dutasteride every couple of days, as I do, or stick with the daily regimen?

Stingray

Reaction score
I'll see how it works for me taking it daily for a while, if things look good I'll try cutting back to every other day. Go all out first, figure it out from there is my strategy.

mediatech

Reaction score
I'm new here too. I do not use Rogain, Propecia or other hard hitters... I'm saving these until I'm desperate ;)

My Avatar is a photo I took almost a month ago when I noticed results after combining Folligen and Emu Oil for 2 months. I had been using Nioxin Shampoo/Conditioner and Shen Min 2 months prior to the Folligen treatment but did not notice anything. I'm continuing to use Shen Min to see if it removes the gray.

It appears Folligen spray really makes a difference when used with Emu Oil. After seeing all the new hair this combination produced I began using about 8 times the amount of Folligen than recommended. I basically coat my scalp and hair with Folligen and Emu Oil to make it appear like I'm using gel. This also prevents the Folligen from drying and discoloring my scalp.

I apply this treatment 2x daily (morning and evening). On days I don't want the gel look I simply let the solution soak on my head for a couple hours then use a damp towel to clean off my hair. The first 6 weeks of Folligen/Emu Oil treatment produced a lot of shedding. I'm only losing between 10-15 hairs a day now with enough new growth to compensate for the loss.

I'll update my avatar once a month and post photos in 3.

Stingray

Reaction score
About 72 dollars a month Bombfreak. Only about 16 bucks more than Finasteride. If it works, then it's well worth the extra cash per month.

hopewas

Reaction score
mediatech said:
I'm new here too. I do not use Rogain, Propecia or other hard hitters... I'm saving these until I'm desperate ;)

no offense but judging from your avatar, you better get moving on the "hard hitters"

mediatech

Reaction score
hopewas said:
no offense but judging from your avatar, you better get moving on the "hard hitters"

I know, I'm close to making the jump but I'm giving my regimen another 3 months after seeing the new growth. If there isn't a dramatic improvement I'll switch to the stronger stuff.

bombscience

Reaction score
Stingray said:
About 72 dollars a month Bombfreak. Only about 16 bucks more than Finasteride. If it works, then it's well worth the extra cash per month.

Bombfreak, maybe that's what I should change my screen name to be.

bombscience

Reaction score
mediatech said:

My Avatar is a photo I took almost a month ago when I noticed results after combining Folligen and Emu Oil for 2 months. I had been using Nioxin Shampoo/Conditioner and Shen Min 2 months prior to the Folligen treatment but did not notice anything. I'm continuing to use Shen Min to see if it removes the gray.

It appears Folligen spray really makes a difference when used with Emu Oil. After seeing all the new hair this combination produced I began using about 8 times the amount of Folligen than recommended. I basically coat my scalp and hair with Folligen and Emu Oil to make it appear like I'm using gel. This also prevents the Folligen from drying and discoloring my scalp.

I apply this treatment 2x daily (morning and evening). On days I don't want the gel look I simply let the solution soak on my head for a couple hours then use a damp towel to clean off my hair. The first 6 weeks of Folligen/Emu Oil treatment produced a lot of shedding. I'm only losing between 10-15 hairs a day now with enough new growth to compensate for the loss.

I'll update my avatar once a month and post photos in 3.

That little passage on folligen.com about folligen + emu oil has always made me wonder if they were more effective when used together. Quick question: do you really notice significant regrowth with these two proucts combined?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
From where?

Stingray said:

That's a good price for dutasteride, where are you getting it from?

Thanks
Slarti

Stingray

Reaction score
What the hell?

Why do we need subject titles now?

mediatech

Reaction score
Emu Oil + Folligen

bombscience said:
That little passage on folligen.com about folligen + emu oil has always made me wonder if they were more effective when used together. Quick question: do you really notice significant regrowth with these two proucts combined?

Yes. If you don't use Emu Oil the Foligen Spray dries up and stains your scalp. I also use the copper peptide products on my face and the Emu Oil increase the amount of time I feel the sting there too. Apparently Emu Oil by itself promotes hair growth and thickens the skin.

According to the Folligen site they suggest Copper Peptides may be better than Propecia for blocking DHT production. I don't know if this is more marketing bias but I am seeing a lot of new hair growth recently. My coworkers have also noticed it and are teasing me about being on Rogain (which I don't use). Of course I'm using way more of this stuff than is reccommended so I don't don't what might happen if I go to a normal dosage.

http://www.folligen.com

Is Copper Better Than Propecia® for Blocking DHT Production?

Recent research indicates that the DHT that harms hair follicles comes from the the skin's sebocytes and sweat glands (sebaceous glands). (Chen et al 1996) 5 alpha-Reductase, the enzyme system that converts testosterone into DHT occurs in two enzyme forms. The type 1 represents the 'cutaneous type'; it is located primarily in the skin's sebocytes but also in epidermal and follicular keratinocytes, dermal papilla cells and sweat glands as well as in fibroblasts. The type 2 is located mainly in the seminal vesicles, prostate and in the inner root sheath of the hair follicle.

Propecia® (Finasteride), which has a higher affinity for the type 2 form, is best suited for for controlling prostate enlargement. It also must be administered by pills that spread the drug throughout the body.

Copper ion in the skin is more effective in inhibiting the type 1 form which is primarily producing the DHT that damages follicles and can be administered locally to the skin. Sugimoto et al (Sugimito 1995) found that copper ion is a potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, inhibiting both types of 5-alpha reductase (both type 1 and type 2) that produce DHT and is the only metal to do so. Copper ion inhibits (50% reduction in activity) type 1 alpha reductase at 1.9 micromolar (0.12 micrograms copper ion per milliliter) and type 2 alpha reductase at 19.2 microM (1.2 micrograms copper ion per milliliter). No other metal has these effects.

The application of Copper-Peptides may provide sufficient copper ion into the hair follicle area to block DHT production in the scalp. Metabolically active copper ion (that is, copper ion free to block 5-alpha reductase) in the human body exists at about 1 microgram per milliliter in the blood and less in the skin. While the uptake of ionic copper from Copper-Peptides applied to the scalp is very low, human experiments by Professor John Sorenson (University of Arkansas) have found that they can raise copper ion levels in the skin to the effective level of 1 microgram per milliliter.

http://www.skinbio.com/moisturizers.html

Within the past year many of our customers have reported that the combination of Folligen's Copper-Peptides and Emu Oil often produce drastic reductions in hair loss and increased hair growth. Although Emu Oil is used by many for reducing hair loss in various parts of the world, in the USA FDA regulations discourage the marketing of Emu Oil for hair restoration. Recently, Dr. Michael Holick (Boston University Medical Center) reported a clinical study that found Emu Oil accelerated skin regeneration and also stimulated hair growth. He wrote, "The hair follicles were more robust, the skin thickness was remarkably increased...Also, we discovered in the same test that over 80 percent of hair follicles that had been 'asleep' were awakened, and began growing hair".

Cassin

Reaction score
why wait

hopewas said:
mediatech said:

Yeah dude, it's time. Why wait?If your doing well with EMU oil and Folligen, damn, your gonna love the real stuff.