post op issues

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
Can any persons with hair transplants offer advice on good/bad scar ointments post-op? And also which GraftCyte products are needed as well and for how long after the surgery?
Also...how many days did you have to wait before you could shower your scalp? Wash your scalp?

baldsucks

Reaction score
Your surgeon should explain all of this to you

I good surgeon and clinic will inform you about all of these things in explicit detail before and after your surgery. If you don't understand they should clarify until you do.
Procyte shampoo for a couple months after surgery. Mupirocin ointment 2 times per day for 10-14 days. Your first shampoo is best done by the clinic. The first 48 hours after surgery is the most critical for the grafts to "take hold" especially the first 24 hours.
Be very gentle and wash in the direction of your hair growth. The first shampoo is usually the following day. The dried blood is not good after 1 week. So, you want it off in 7-10 days after. I'm not a doctor, but this is the procedure after my hair transplant. The procyte shampoo was cheaper at the clinic. They gave me the first bottle free.

G

supernova i used vitamin E cream on my scar to get rid of the scbas first then it healed up nicely.Ive got some pics of my scar before and after if you would like to see just go to my website and email me from the link there and ill email them to you.

Damo

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/