Post Op Hair Re-Growth Question

Chief

Reaction score
I am 23 days post op. 1900 grafts into frontal half. Lost all scabs by 5 days post op. I looked normal 8 days post op. I lost approximately 1500 grafts from day 10 to present.

My question is that I just looked in the mirror and I have hundreds of extremely small hairs BARELY sticking through my skin (basically broke through today and look like a piece of pepper) What is this?

I have a hard time believing this good be the graphs already growing. Did some of them break off and not fall out yet and broke off just below skin level and now grew slightly and are at skin level again? Anyone have any thoughts?

G

Not sure what you meant by losing 1500 grafts?!? Do you mean crusts and losing the hair within the crusts?

Follicles will rest for three months on average once they enter telogen. So yes. those tiny black dots are probably the tips of new hair shafts that were broken off, but those follicles remained in the anagen growth phase.

Some folks sustain hairloss this way from tight braiding. It's called traction alopecia. They virtually are breaking off hairs from the tension.

Chief

Reaction score
My hairs remained after the crusts fell off. So 8 days post op I have no crusts and all of my 1900 little hairs. From about day 10 to day 23, about 1500 of my little transplanted hairs have fallen out.

Then today, I noticed a lot of tiny tiny tiny stubble. I assume these are hairs breaking through the skin.

Like I said, I doubt this is growth already. But then I thought maybe my transplanted hair didn't fall out but broke off and have grown slight again and are breaking through the skin. What do you think?

Gillenator - Thanks for all of the insight you give people. It is a good thing that you do.

Gorpy

Established Member
Reaction score
The stubble is a phenomenon I experienced also to some degree. I'm not sure what it is, but it appears that the grafted hair breaks off and the remaining hair pushes up a little to form stubble. It will eventually fall out or get pushed out by the new follicle.

G

You're welcome Chief and just think how your hair will look once everything kicks in! :hairy: