CCS

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'll start:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/x5171hv910675p24/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... stractPlus

buy it here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 5%26sa%3DN

10000 yen is $86 USD. Cheaper to make your own.
I make 60mL of 2% for $40. I wonder if EGCG is just as good.

http://www.hair2004.com/download/HairAb ... eil_II.pdf

Page 4, article marked as p1.146

Not only that they talk about RU, but they also describe a method to increase the topical effect and reduce the systemic absorption!

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
86 for 2 months supply is actually alot cheaper then i thought it would be. i guess for those who have real aggressive hair loss young and get on that plus durastride with hair kept short can hold on to there hair for a very long time. those looking for just maintenance that would work alot better then rogaine.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS could i pay you to make me some. I do not trust that chinese website. Or is there any othe rp0lace to buy it from that looks more legit?

CCS

Reaction score
the "2 month supply" is only 30 mL total. Can you put 1/2 mL on your scalp each day?

As for that website, I buy the bulk powder from china. No website. I just wiretransfer money to some guy I email on yahoo or something, and other users say it is the right company and that they are faith eagle. Faith eagle's stuff was tested. and the wire transfer does say faith eagle. So here is hoping.

seekinghair

Reaction score
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong but this japanese company is the first one that sells the drug already mixed. Never heard about it.
So, is this a new site? Are they reliable? Do they ship abroad? has anybody tried it already?

Please, discuss. For most of us mixing the raw stuff from Faith Eagle seems to be too much of a hassle.

CCS

Reaction score
for an almost 75% savings, I think it is worth the hassel. I can understand you being less afraid to spend $80 than $400, but the $400 gets you an 11 month supply. The $80 will last you half a month, though they call it a 2 month supply.

JamesVegas

Reaction score
Why aren't more people using this?

According to a recent Will Brink article, this stuff is supposed to be the "holy grail" of hair maintenance (not regrowth) because it absolutely destroys DHT at the topical level.

Is it just the price that scares people away?

CCS

Reaction score
Re:

KielMcK said:
CCS could i pay you to make me some. I do not trust that chinese website. Or is there any othe rp0lace to buy it from that looks more legit?

I do not have the chemical knowledge or equipment to synthesize it myself. Or to purify it. I don't get mine from that chinese website. I get it from the email address on my website, Owense. I'm sure you'd be even more scared to pay them. Whether you get it directly from them, or through me, I doubt I'd make you feel any more safe. I just know a university tested Faith Eagle's RU and found it to be 99% pure. And word of mouth on hair loss sites has given us Faith Eagle's contact info. You just need to figure out if that is actually them. Their name is in the wire transfer instructions.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Re:

collegechemistrystudent said:
I don't get mine from that chinese website. I get it from the email address on my website, Owense.

Owense IS Faith Eagle. He works for them.

bombscience

Reaction score
Can someone update me on the efficacy of RU58841 in the field now that many are using this as a treatment?

Additionally, I'm interested in the long term side effects, if any, that could result from this experimental treatment. I do know that while a powerful anti-androgen, RU5881 is not absorbed into the bloodstream when applied topically. I would like to know more specifically if RU5881 could potentially be a carcinogen?

My hair is currently losing weight and color after three years of 0.5mg dutasteride and minoxidil. I'm looking for a new solution to combat DHT directly on the scalp (besides spironolactone).

CCS

Reaction score
mogadon said:
buy it here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 5%26sa%3DN

has anyone ordered RU from the website above ?, the site is difficult to understand, do they ship overseas, i cant find a phone number on there to ask them

THey are over priced by at least 4x. Just buy the powder from Owense.

CCS

Reaction score
bombscience said:
I'm looking for a new solution to combat DHT directly on the scalp (besides spironolactone).

It is twice as strong as spironolactone. It also costs about as much as spironolactone if you make it at 3%. If you have enough money to spend $40 per month on spironolactone, you should buy the RU powder instead. I don't have that kind of money. I think Licorice may be even stronger.