Post Finasteride Syndrom Developed?

Firemythos

Reaction score
Hi,

I was taking finasteride since late 2015. Lately I had some side effects and decreased the dose by half, so 1mg EOD. Then I stopped and after maybe 4-5 days my libido, erections overall sensitivity was like in my teens, best its ever been. Then I did something bad and continued the use with 1mg eod, and after one week was getting symptoms again so I decided to stop once and for all.

I probaly delevoped symptoms during the time without really noticing it, because the change happened so gradually despite being sexual active.

Iam off medication for about 10 days and I really have all post finasteride symptoms like, watery semen, loss of sensitivity, weak erections etc. Especially the difference compared to the one week when I was completly restored is really huge. So I read that finasteride usually takes one week to get out of your system, but its 10 days now and Iam like completly crashed with no sign of improvements.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You took the drug for almost 3 years, give it 3 months before you think about persisting side effects

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you experience doesn't necessary need to be PFS. It seems more like lingering side effects that can take several weeks to resolve (or months per others' testimonials). Any improvement?

Firemythos

Reaction score
Right after my crash symptoms were very severe. Could not masturbate, orgasmduration maybe 0,5 secs, no semen etc.

After 2 months:
Now my erections are back up to 80%, got spontaneous erections and morning wood. Orgasm duration is quote long now.
But my penis still feels numb (I only feel pleasure during orgasms) still watery semen and I has literally zero libido. This was during finasteride also the case in the late stage but I didnt notice it because it happened so gradually.

Iam trying to experiment with supplements now.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm... so your symptoms actually got worse after quitting... yeah, that sounds like the PFS crash. Zinc and Niagen have been reported to help.

Firemythos

Reaction score
diffcult to say, I was on antibiotics and went off, everything was fine, then I crashed, and then I quit...

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I misspoke in my previous comment. I have little understanding of the PFS and its symptoms. I meant it sounds like a sort of crash but could be your body reacting to a drastic change in the hormonal profile. The fact that u show improvements is hopeful. Low libido (o zero as u say) is concerning. Hopefully u will recover that too. Maybe have a blood work?

Firemythos

Reaction score
Iam currently at the level when I was on finasteride except way better erection quality. Biggest concern is loss of libido and loss of penile sensitivity.

No bloodwork done yet.

Firemythos

Reaction score
Iam almost restored. Libido and sensitivity is like 70-80%. Considering that my 100% state is pretty crazy libido wise, its ok. Its weird though because I had a mini crash on Friday and couple days later Iam better than ever. Still got watery semen, but it got somewhat thicker.

Took ginko bilboa, magnesium, ashwagandha, and macca+tribulus also acetyl-lcarnitin. I try to add zinc now. In my opinion ginko and ashwagandha made difference.