Post before/after buzz cuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the rest of the forum could use some good before/after buzz cuts as motivation to buzz their own heads. I'll post my pics. It's the best thing I could've done for myself. Notice in my first pic my hair looks really dry and whispy/strandy. Also u can see my scalp pretty easily..and this was inside! Imagine outside in the sun!

I can't describe how great it feels to always wanting to be outside regardless of it being too sunny, windy, etc. Always wanting to hit the pool and go swimming or lay out. Taking only 3 min in shower instead of 20 min, which most of it was delicately washing my hair and rinsing it out. Taking only 10 min to get ready and out the door instead of an hr, which mostly consisted of doing my hair. Traveling with fam/friends and not getting stressed that I don't have an hr to get ready in between spending the day out and about and then getting ready for dinner or going out at night. Feel and look much younger. Never avoid mirrors. Never sweat mouse or wax product out of my hair. Can take a shower anywhere and not worry about quality of water and if my hair will be matted down cuz of it. Never have to worry about how my hair looks in pics that others take. Best of all...I can dedicate more time to my wife and son. I have more energy now that i'm not wasting it on my hair. It's amazing how much better/fun stuff consumes my life now.

So much more I can't go on. To those who buzz...please add to the list along with pics!

Also, need to clarify that I don't do anything for my hair loss. No supplements, meds, foams, etc. Used propecia and stopped 3 yrs ago. Tried rogaine foam for a week and didn't care for the smell or hassle (even as minimal as it was). If I lose my stubble...oh well.

Here goes mine...

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12,011
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6,735

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no pictures of my hair before/after hair cuts or my finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral regimin and don't intend to take any. But yes, I grew my hair long when I noticed I was losing my hair, then buzzed it once length stopped hiding it. I've had really good success with my regimin, but I keep it at a 2 on the sides and 3 on top because I like how it feels; it's very short but long enough so I can sparingly apply dermatch. I can't wear a hat at work, so it was awful for the first couple of days as people checked out my thinning, but after that it was incredible freedom.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not a buzz person, but I have to say you are the type that looks good with a buzz cut. Trust me it looks very normal on you, even better I'd venture to say.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good headshape for a buzz cut. I'll post my pics later on if I can find any decent before pic.

EDIT: I couldn't find a decent after picture which would show my hairloss... here's an after pic anyways:

image1qf8.jpg

P.S. I hate that f*****g red eye -effect, my eyes are really greyish-blue.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You actually do look younger with the buzz cut!

Although....just to play the devil's advocate a bit here....your diffuse thinning looks like it would respond quite well to Minoxidil :innocent: :)

Kojack

Reaction score
Great post

I'm currently trying to summon up the courage to buzz as I've been a prisoner to toppik
for four years. Just a bit worried about peoples reaction to the new me..........

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Is that a recent picture ghg? I thought you had more thinning than that.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Is that a recent picture ghg? I thought you had more thinning than that.

Isn't it so suprising that many of the ones who usually criticize you and me for not getting over our baldness usually are barely balding?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It is easy to say "Hey it's not so bad." from the comfort of a full head of hair. Yeah, maybe not so bad for you. :shakehead:

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea those hairlines are pretty even though. So it actually looks good. But above the temples for me goes back for miles... My head buzzed looks like jude laws.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The pic is from around new year and my thinning actually is bad... I've lost at least 50% of density on top. You 2 can say what you want, but losing 50% of density is bad for anyone whos hair has never been very thick. Like I've stated earlier, I have lost the 50% mostly during past 2 years, and yet you two keep telling me time after time that I shouldn't be here. It's hilarious.

G

i'd just like to take this post to express how glad i am that im not bald like uncomfortable man and hatprisoner91.

lol @ you both.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ghg said:
The pic is from around new year and my thinning actually is bad... I've lost at least 50% of density on top. You 2 can say what you want, but losing 50% of density is bad for anyone whos hair has never been very thick. Like I've stated earlier, I have lost the 50% mostly during past 2 years, and yet you two keep telling me time after time that I shouldn't be here. It's hilarious.
I'm not saying you don't have a right to be here. I just remember seeing a picture where the thinning was more obvious, but your hairline was more intact.
dostovei said:
i'd just like to take this post to express how glad i am that im not bald like uncomfortable man and hatprisoner91.

lol @ you both.
There is nothing wrong with being glad your not bald, but laughing at someone else's misfortune only reveals how much of a small minded intolerant a55hole you are. You represent what I hate the most about humanity. You could stand to grow the fu[k up.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dostovei said:

lol @ you both.

You are not bald yet you spend time here. How sad does this make you haha?

See comment like this dont bother me that much because once again, you would never say it to my face. You be too scared.

Cassin

Reaction score
dostovei said:

lol @ you both.

laughing at someone for being bald on a hair loss forum?

That's an instant ban on this forum.

4ya30k4.gif

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Now the drama is over, more pictures of buzz cuts pls.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
So dostovei is banned now? Wow, I'd say that was a massive overreaction from you, Cassin.

Cassin

Reaction score
ghg said:
So dostovei is banned now? Wow, I'd say that was a massive overreaction from you, Cassin.

Nobody is ever allowed to make fun of someones hair loss on this forum, which is a hair loss forum. Is that far too complicated for you to understand?

If you don't like the way things are done here feel free to leave. You have asked me to delete you before since you weren't able to control yourself coming here so I will be happy to do it again.

So yes or no....stay here or not? Its not a very complicated question is it?

Nobody on this site will be ridiculed for their hair loss although I do realize some thrive in negativity, it just wont be here.

I assure you that if you think it is ok to make fun of someone being bald this is not the site for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.