Post 3 month transplant itchiness

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys is it normal to itch around this time period? I'm on propecia so I don't think it's the dht of male pattern baldness, but I'm itchy as ****. I am experiencing growth....although think and sparse....but it's easier to deal once you see something. Any ideas on how to relieve the itchiness is welcomed.

TowerT

Reaction score
I haven't had a hair transplant but I see guys here saying aloe vera ? Maybe that is more to ease the redness of a hair transplant but.. Could be worth a try.. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that..

AlexieJ

Reaction score
Actually, after weeks of post hair transplant the itching should be avoided completely. A gentle rub and scratching may be fine but if you can try to avoid it. If its like 3 months now and there's still itching you need to see your surgeon for proper assessment. If you often scratch the transplanted area it will cause damage and can affect the final result. It's advisable not to scratch the graft area as much as possible.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I think itching post hair transplant (FUE or FUT) is very common, and IMHO is not a sign that anything is wrong. A lot is happening in a small place, especially during that first year. Hairs growing, scars healing, neovascularization of the recipient area, etc. Probably all normal. Don't scratch!