Possibly the most brilliant idea eve (combining a hair transplant with a hair system)

SomeGuy99

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Chris. I basically went totally bald at age 25, and had suffered a great deal since. I shave my had now and am comfortable with it, but people think I am much older than I really am (27). At first I tried wigs, and some of them were REALLY convincing. As in, family members that knew couldn't find the 'seam' for the front hairline. But that only lasted one time (the first time). After cleaning the glue off, the lace would inevitably be ruined. The process of cleaning glue off the lace involves mashing it against a mirror. The more times you wore your 150+ dollar hair system, the ****tier it got.

But even before that I wanted to try hair transplants. A very good doctor told me that it wouldn't ever work, no matter what the Bosley 'doctors' said. They were right, by the way, because most clients are often upset with the final product. They promise you a full head of hair from a chrome dome. It just doesn't work like that.

But then I came up with an idea (a few hours ago, in fact).

What if I get a hair transplant for the front hairline only? As in, my hairline is real hair, thick and natural, but beyond an inch it is completely bald. So that I can just use a hair system for the giant 'bald patch' behind it?

Does such a procedure have a name? What do you all think about it? I'm kind of in shock that I thought of something so clever, lol!

It truly does combine the best parts of a hair system and a hair transplant. Hair systems were only unconvincing if the hairline was bad, otherwise you would NEVER be able to tell. Thats literally the ONLY way to tell, besides giving someone's hair a force full yank!

veddarmesnch

Reaction score
Brilliant idea.

Well, I plan to order a hair system to the top of my head soon but my temples are receding rather quickly so I´m planning on reconstruct them using a FUE transplant somewhere cheap as in India for example. Your idea is great but not sure I want to go that road in my case. Is there a way to avoid the problem you described? Would a more expensive hair system do it? I´m kind of paranoid now...

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Think hard about it because the day you're tired of wearing a system, it will look a bit weird.