Possibly New Treatment For 2019? Highly Likely Qaw

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fevipiprant is a antagonist of the Prostaglandin D2 receptor. According to Cots and his studies this receptor plays a major role in hair loss and if treated can possibly bring back some regrowth? Many people seem to think that Seti will be a stabilizer.
If Seti is even shown to be somewhat effective or stabilizes hairloss we will should all be very happy. Now seti is in a Phase 2A so it will have a while to go before actually being approved. So why do I say 2019? Well Fevipiprant is know to be an even strong PGD2 antagonist than seti. One of Fevi's Phase 3 trials for asthma will be done in November 2018. This is the last Phase before being allowed to be approved. So what I'm say is that if seti is known to be effective we won't have to eat another 5 years of phases before we can get our hands on this kind of drug because of fevipiprant! Start becoming friends with your doctor so when fevi comes out that you somehow developed asthma.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, same sh*t as Setipiprant, OC and TM30089?

Where is the success with those compounds, and what makes this any different?

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone even been able to take those drugs orally at a proper therapeutic dosage long enough to see results?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't understand why anyone would think a PGD2 inhibitor would cause regrowth, it's just further down the line from DHT->AR. If it works it will maintain with hopefully less side effects than finasteride. People who get some growth/thickening from finasteride is most likely due to the 15% or so increase in serum estrogen.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't understand why anyone would think a PGD2 inhibitor would cause regrowth, it's just further down the line from DHT->AR. If it works it will maintain with hopefully less side effects than finasteride. People who get some growth/thickening from finasteride is most likely due to the 15% or so increase in serum estrogen.

But then it should be easy to get PGE2 and the like up regulated to a beneficial level when there is no PGD2 present, right? Castor Oil, Miconazole, Stemoxydine, Bimatoprost, Minoxidil etc should all become more effective topicals with PGD2 inhibited.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Because people don't understand how these things work, and I've been trying to explain that last sentence to some for a while too.
These things are way too specific and downstream, we need to completely block androgen receptor and find a way to trigger estrogen receptor without systemic side effects. Then you can say hello to serious regrowth. Everything else is just bullshit.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because people don't understand how these things work, and I've been trying to explain that last sentence to some for a while too.
These things are way too specific and downstream, we need to completely block androgen receptor and find a way to trigger estrogen receptor without systemic side effects. Then you can say hello to serious regrowth. Everything else is just bullshit.
Is this even possible? Doesn't CB intend to block Androgen Receptors?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But then it should be easy to get PGE2 and the like up regulated to a beneficial level when there is no PGD2 present, right? Castor Oil, Miconazole, Stemoxydine, Bimatoprost, Minoxidil etc should all become more effective topicals with PGD2 inhibited.

Out of that list only Minoxidil causes growth but even then the effect is limited and tapers off and we don't know it's exactly how it works.

There is crosstalk between PGD2,PGE2 and IL-6 however inhibiting one and boosting the other won't cause regrowth. If you use a soil and plant analogy, lets say you have soil that is high in sodium and low in nitrogen which eventually kills of the plant. So you reduce the soils sodium and add nitrogen fertilizer, but you don't get a new plant growing? Why because the plant is dead and there are no new seeds. Just replace sodium/nitrogen with PGD2/PGE2 and seed with hair follicle and you'ill see why these approaches will not give us the full head of hair we want.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I personally don't think it is possible without there being side effects even with things like CB. It would be better to try and understand why estrogen causes hair regrowth along with minoxidil. My hunch is ultimately it comes down to genes and aging, so a combo like replicel/tsuji is only the only viable path although the timescales people are throwing around may be too optimistic, it will happen eventually.