Possibly Naive Question - Why Would The Fda 'approve' Laser Therapy If It's Useless?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know there's like two tiers of approval - is that the issue? Are they just saying it's SAFE but not that it will give results?

Good question.

I have one I purchased it late one night out of desperation from TV ad last year.

When I saw my Hair loss Dr he told me it was good I had one to use it 3x a week he had seen some good studies on it..I got lazy with it but just recently restarted it again because I have some shedding recently that kind of put me in a panic.
Mine is 8 minutes not 15 like some others.

Maybe it works synergistically with other things--but doubt on its own it is going to do much.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i'd like to know also. There doesn't seem to be any success stories about laser therapy here (by itself). I'd trust something more like the big 3 which is used by a lot of members and there's plenty of real people evidence to show it works. With the laser comb or helmet, I have nothing to go by and I don't trust reading studies only.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always thought minoxidil & finasteride were the only FDA approved treatments?

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
It's approved for safety, not efficacy.

Correct. To expand on this a bit, no seller of LLLT therapy or devices can claim to be fda approved. Fda has never approved LLLT as a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. Sellers of LLLT devices can only claim they are fda cleared. Specifically, they can only state that the lights, lasers, diodes, etc in their devices are fda cleared (for safety) for use by untrained consumers. Slick marketing is behind the confusion.