Possible Therapy For Hair Regrowth For Androgenetic Alopecia

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Carboxytherapy appears to be a promising therapeutic option for treatment of alopecia, according to a study published online Feb. 20 in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
TUESDAY, March 6, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Carboxytherapy appears to be a promising therapeutic option for treatment of alopecia, according to a study published online Feb. 20 in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

Noha Nabil Doghaim, M.D., from Tanta University in Egypt, and colleagues randomized 40 patients with alopecia areata and 40 patients with androgenetic alopecia to receive either carboxytherapy or placebo. Study participants were followed up with monthly for three months.

The researchers found that the alopecia areata patients showed significant clinical improvement in Severity of Alopecia Tool score as well as dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy. Specifically, there was a significant reduction in dystrophic hair, black dots, yellow dots, and tapered hair, plus significant emergence of regrowing hair. Patients with androgenetic alopecia showed significant clinical and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy plus significant increases in hair density as measured by digital dermoscopy. During the follow-up period, there was regression of the results, but measures were still significantly better than before treatment.

"Carboxytherapy seems to be a promising therapeutic option for patchy alopecia areata and could be helpful as an adjuvant therapy of androgenetic alopecia but more than six sessions are required and adjuvants are recommended for maintenance of the results," the authors write.

https://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/pb/78900

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just going to post some related stuff about carbon dioxide. There is a signal in this but I think it boils down to less inflammation by small amounts of carbon monoxide being formed.

Endogenously produced carbon monoxide is not associated with
toxicity; carbon monoxide toxicity occurs following exposure to exogenous carbon dioxide. Toxic effects
of carbon monoxide are due to effects on cell metabolism through hypoxic and non-hypoxic modes of
action.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Carboxytherapy appears to be a promising therapeutic option for treatment of alopecia, according to a study published online Feb. 20 in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
TUESDAY, March 6, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Carboxytherapy appears to be a promising therapeutic option for treatment of alopecia, according to a study published online Feb. 20 in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

Noha Nabil Doghaim, M.D., from Tanta University in Egypt, and colleagues randomized 40 patients with alopecia areata and 40 patients with androgenetic alopecia to receive either carboxytherapy or placebo. Study participants were followed up with monthly for three months.

The researchers found that the alopecia areata patients showed significant clinical improvement in Severity of Alopecia Tool score as well as dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy. Specifically, there was a significant reduction in dystrophic hair, black dots, yellow dots, and tapered hair, plus significant emergence of regrowing hair. Patients with androgenetic alopecia showed significant clinical and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy plus significant increases in hair density as measured by digital dermoscopy. During the follow-up period, there was regression of the results, but measures were still significantly better than before treatment.

"Carboxytherapy seems to be a promising therapeutic option for patchy alopecia areata and could be helpful as an adjuvant therapy of androgenetic alopecia but more than six sessions are required and adjuvants are recommended for maintenance of the results," the authors write.

https://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/pb/78900
What the heck is this? I don't know anything about this, and I certainly didn't put up this text. Please remove this.