Possible side effect?

bluechips

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel weaker and have less energy since starting Propecia? I know strength and energy are tied to testosterone, and Propecia does effect testosterone.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
bluechips said:
Does anyone else feel weaker and have less energy since starting Propecia? I know strength and energy are tied to testosterone, and Propecia does effect testosterone.

True. It *raises* it.

jeffsss

Reaction score
it doesnt really raise it..

what happens is..:

propecia blocks test from turning into DHT.. thus.. you have more free floating test in your body..

this is temporary untill your body adjusts..

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
it doesnt really raise it..

what happens is..:

propecia blocks test from turning into DHT.. thus.. you have more free floating test in your body..

this is temporary untill your body adjusts..

Same end result though, yes? That is, you'll have more testosterone in your blood when taking Propecia than if not?

I didn't know the effect went away over time... that's cool! I never much liked that side effect. Any idea how long it takes for the body to adjust?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
How can testosterone eventually lower itself while continuously taking Propecia? Finasteride continues to inhibit the formation of DHT, and "tolerance" to finasteride just doesn't happen.

In that case, I'm a little confused.

MJT82

Reaction score
bluechips said:

I do...been on it for 2 months, gonna give it some more time I guess.