Possible male pattern baldness Or Maturing Hairline, Photos Included

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive taken some photos the past year to see it this bit of hairloss is maturing or possible male pattern baldness

I’m 20 and currently on my dads side none of the males have suffered from male pattern baldness. My dad died at 58 with a full head of hair and his brothers are going on 60 and they all have great hair.

Mums half brothers are bald however her 2 blood brothers have good hair.

These photos were taken from February till today.

Attachments

• 8A0C5BE7-F5BD-4FBA-B98A-ABCF1FE6F465.jpeg
    8A0C5BE7-F5BD-4FBA-B98A-ABCF1FE6F465.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 236
  • F3B5EC65-05D9-4F59-9C72-0E1A2156E717.jpeg
    F3B5EC65-05D9-4F59-9C72-0E1A2156E717.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 45ABE26A-E6CC-4F79-BC3B-C91DCB84798E.jpeg
    45ABE26A-E6CC-4F79-BC3B-C91DCB84798E.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 251

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's completely normal and common to have those baby hairs along your hairline. Some people lose these baby hairs when they mature because baby hair is much more sensitive to dht. But I think you'll keep yours. You could make your hair shorter and keep your fringe the same length as the baby hair to style it better.

Last edited:

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's completely normal and common to have those baby hairs along your hairline. Some people lose these baby hairs when they mature because baby hair is much more sensitive to dht. But I think you'll keep yours. You could make your hair shorter and keep your fringe the same length as the baby hair to style it better.
Thanks for the response love the profile picture btw

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far it's really good, the premiere wasn't bad but it didn't feel like a classic episode. But episode 2 was amazing and ep3 (dee day) is pretty much guaranteed to be good.

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far it's really good, the premiere wasn't bad but it didn't feel like a classic episode. But episode 2 was amazing and ep3 (dee day) is pretty much guaranteed to be good.
I don’t think anything could beat seasons 6 to 8

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I always enjoy the two-part episodes way more, except for the god awful one in season 13.
I’ve got a quick question on hairloss, my father who had hair all his life had really thin temple hair, I’ve also got really thin temples. I don’t care too much that they’re going but wouldn’t this indicate further hairloss down the future? I mean the pattern they’re going in doesn’t seem like male pattern baldness that I’ve read. I can’t quite describe it.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve got a quick question on hairloss, my father who had hair all his life had really thin temple hair, I’ve also got really thin temples. I don’t care too much that they’re going but wouldn’t this indicate further hairloss down the future? I mean the pattern they’re going in doesn’t seem like male pattern baldness that I’ve read. I can’t quite describe it.
Thin temples could be normal too. Some people only have a bit of thin temples, some people have a lot. Most people's temples have weaker hairs/baby hairs also you wouldn't find those baby hairs anywhere else on your scalp except for your hairline and temples. It's completely common to lose them even if you don't have the male pattern baldness gene, so if you're 20 and haven't lost them yet I wouldn't worry at all because your hair doesn't seem sensitive to dht, if you lose them further down the road I wouldn't worry then either.

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thin temples could be normal too. Some people only have a bit of thin temples, some people have a lot. Most people's temples have weaker hairs/baby hairs also you wouldn't find those baby hairs anywhere else on your scalp except for your hairline and temples. It's completely common to lose them even if you don't have the male pattern baldness gene, so if you're 20 and haven't lost them yet I wouldn't worry at all because your hair doesn't seem sensitive to dht, if you lose them further down the road I wouldn't worry then either.
You’re a very knowledgeable person, I’ve never been fussed about hairloss and it’s never really been on my mind but as these last few years have gone a lot of my close mates have lost a lot of hair and it sorta plays on the back of your mind. I wouldn’t care too much if I lost my hair but it’s one of those things I’d like to try prevent if I could.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about, you should get off these forums. Some people (like your friends) are just unlucky. Just because the corners of your hairline aren't as thick as the rest of your hair, it doesn't mean you're balding. Normally when people are balding you can usually see thinning and miniaturization around the hairline and it looks very different to baby hair. Most women have baby hair all around their hairlines too.

DandyApple32

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about, you should get off these forums. Some people (like your friends) are just unlucky. Just because the corners of your hairline aren't as thick as the rest of your hair, it doesn't mean you're balding. Normally when people are balding you can usually see thinning and miniaturization around the hairline and it looks very different to baby hair. Most women have baby hair all around their hairlines too.
I can see how these forums can really effect people especially young people, I’ve lurked a few subreddits on hairloss and it’s quite sad how many kids are on there with severe BDD. Again cheers for the help.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see how these forums can really effect people especially young people, I’ve lurked a few subreddits on hairloss and it’s quite sad how many kids are on there with severe BDD. Again cheers for the help.
No problem, go enjoy your life. Stop worrying about your hair.