Possible genetic reason for baldness.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have found that since I am losing more hair I have become more of a slave to my gf and it angers me quite a lot. I believe that baldness does have a purpose - to make you stay with a girl so that when she has kids you will stick around to provide for them. Anyone else see where I'm coming from? It is almost a defence mechanism against people being promiscuous. I am starting to believe this more and more and it is highly irritating to know I am being natures little bitc*. In the end though there is no catharsis - being a 10 out of 10 male against an average looking Norwood 1 is absolutely useless. Come on ... if brad pitt was bald then I garantee an average looking NW1 would get more girls than him.
This is why I think I have no choice but to go down the hair replacement route. I will say this until the cows come home though - those bas**** scientists better come up with a solution to this nightmare soon or I will haunt them for all eternity when I am cold and dead in the ground.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
No one can see the absurd thing about these evolution theories?

First. We are not genetically shaped in the last thousand of years. Our genetics have been shaped way before, when people used to live 25 years, and if any they only started to show signs of balding.

Second. We are not peacocks. Women choosing their sexual partners is only true in the last 40 years of Western society. There are still many places where women are just men commodities.
For the majority of human history it never mattered if you were ugly, short or bald. If you were stronger/richer you could get any woman you wanted

My guess is the passing of the baldness gene is no different than any evolutionary theories about Alzheimer disease. It was never a priority to rid the gene pool of it, or it never really mattered. Do you think a caveman was depressed posting about baldness on the internet?
If he could kill other cavemen to get control of the women it didn't mattered if you were ugly or bald.

Also remember that cavemen had a thing for fatties (the Paleolitich Venuses), and with many baldies in the forum claiming to only get attention from fat women, I guess being bald in that era was similar to having six pack abs today

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet the single cavemen, who weren't so strong or rich would still be depressed by their hairloss actually... :whistle:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
I bet the single cavemen, who weren't so strong or rich would still be depressed by their hairloss actually... :whistle:
Yeah, but the thing is, all cavemen were single back then.

Patriarchy is also a recent human invention and it arises from the fact that humans understood the concept of pregnancy.
Before, women popped babies without men or women understanding why.
When fatherhood was well understood, men started to claim women and their children as property

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mather much. It's human nature to be envious of the one who has more, so naturally hairloss insecurity was always there. And only the ones who felt they 'had everything' wouldn't be bothered by it, as how it still is today.

Infact, rich and powerful bald men nowadays have access to expensive hair restorations, and I think a big percentage who's hair is thinning- and they have the money to fix it, AND are bothered by it- would undergo surgery for it.

EDIT: Then again, if we go back to the cave men surely the big and strong ones would go and hunt for a nice pelt of a sabretooth, mammoth, wooly rhino or a bear to make wigs of when they where balding. :tongue:

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
There a few swedish/norwegian guys here - places with very little sun. Maybe lack of sunlight can cause male pattern baldness?

Lets get hoppi to start testing the theory :jackit:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What about single guys who are bald? How does your theory explain why they are bald?

This is kinda like the theory explaining how homosexuality is natures way of population control.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe baldness is natures way of reducing the population :mrgreen: (Joke)

s.a.f

Reaction score
If that was the case women would go bald aswell.

Obsidian

Reaction score
billy%20madison.jpg

Mr. Person,
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I'm just fooling with you.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
What about single guys who are bald? How does your theory explain why they are bald?

This is kinda like the theory explaining how homosexuality is natures way of population control.

Because when beautiful and indeed ungly women get in their 30s they demand a baby off you and if you are bald with a good job they will settle for that because they know you will be their slave; this sucks.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
uncomfortable man said:

Because when beautiful and indeed ungly women get in their 30s they demand a baby off you and if you are bald with a good job they will settle for that because they know you will be their slave; this sucks.

You still have a choice not to become their "slave" in the first place. I will never be someone`s slave. f*** that sh*t!

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL just bc you are bald doesnt mean you have to be their slave.....where do people come up with this sh*t.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
billy%20madison.jpg

Mr. Person,
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I'm just fooling with you.

Ultimately though you have no remonstration for what I am saying therefore your post is quite pointless.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
person said:
uncomfortable man said:

You still have a choice not to become their "slave" in the first place. I will never be someone`s slave. f*ck that sh*t!

Admittedly I went a bit far using the word slave; I was just trying to illustrate that you can't be as promiscuous with 'hot' girls anymore as you lose hair; you are forced to settle down.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
Admittedly I went a bit far using the word slave; I was just trying to illustrate that you can't be as promiscuous with 'hot' girls anymore as you lose hair; you are forced to settle down.

It's called "growing up".

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
person said:

It's called "growing up".

No I don't think so because hair loss forces you to settle down; I could eaily play the field and be a mature person.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Only very few mature guys are able to still get the same women they did when they were young. Very few
Admit it, guys don't find many women over 30 attractive, some try to only date women younger than 25.

Go to OK Cupid and check how many girls in that age range explicitly ask to not being contacted by guys over 30

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
Very few
Admit it, guys don't find many women over 30 attractive, some try to only date women younger than 25.

It totally depends on how well they take care of their figure. A slim woman 30+ who are in good shape are attractive, especially since they tend to be more interesting on the inside than younger chicks who generally are very self-centered whose biggest passions in life are facebook, shopping and mtv.