possible allergic reaction

bushman19

Reaction score
ive been on propecia for almost 4 months and rogaine5% nizoral for about months. This past week ive been itching very badly not just my head but my entire body. i dont know why but if a start to sweat my itching really flares up and i get a rash everywhere then it dissapears and im fine. is it possible to have an allergic reaction at the 4 month mark on propecia? im worried because if i stop ill have wasted 4 months, and im starting to see some very promising results. has anyone experienced this rash thing while on propecia?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're allergic to finasteride, you'll get a reaction in hours!

Try tacking an allergy test.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah man i severly doubt its propecia, could be rogaine, some people develop a reaction to the PGG ingredient in the rogaine over time. If thats the case you can get non ppg minoxidil from dr lee or use the foam. But id take Rage's advice and get an allergy test

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo man... very weird but the exact same thing had been happening to me this summer. Like I could feel it in my face fist and then all over my body I'd get hot and my face would get red and then my elbows and kneecaps would get ithcy and then everywhere else. So I went for a few tests and it turned out it was an allergic reactions to Sulfur from the MSM I was taking. I haven't gotten the symptoms since I stopped MSM.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had the same reaction to propecia but I've continued to take it. The side is very minor plus I like keeping my hair more than a small side effect. Stick w/ it bro i've been on it about a year and 4 months.

bushman19

Reaction score
pologuy514, did u start getting the rash when you first started propecia or a few months later?

bushman19

Reaction score
i forgot to mention that i was using about 4.5 ml of minoxidil per day just on my hair line.

docj077

Reaction score
Any upper abdominal pain; especially after meals and in the right upper quadrant?

Any fever?

Any weight loss or blood in your stool?

Any yellowing of the skin or sclerae?

Pale stools or dark urine?

Any recent medication changes?

Any medication allergies?

What are you taking for medications including herbal and OTC drugs?

docj077

Reaction score
bushman19 said:
all i have is a really bad rash when i start sweating

Describe the rash.

Where does it start, how long does it last, etc.

Does your whole body just turn red?

Do you get small areas that look like hemorrhages?

Does it look like small raised bumps with no pus?

Do they look pustular?

Does your rash have bullae?

Sorry, but I think that you really need to see a medical professional to help you diagnose your rash.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
bushman19,
My head itched a lot, it still does at times but a year and a half later it has tappered off quite a bit. I believe it had helped me from losing hair. I'm turning 24 soon so I hope it keeps it off for many years to come. I haven't had any sort of rash though, thats kinda unusual. . I wish you luck man and keep us posted on your journey.

-Pologuy