Positive side from finasteride?

DimiNYC

Reaction score
Today is my third day taking finasteride I ordered from inhouse. I had probably the strongest erection of my life this morning. My wife asked me if I took v**** or something. I read in some forums how some people experienced increased libido on finasteride is that possible?

On a different note I ran my hand through my hair and I think I am getting my first shed about 20 hairs fell on my shoulders. I have been on rogaine foam and nizoral for about a month now. Also seeing some acne at the temples. This hair loss is so nerve racking once you start a treatment.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes quite a few people (myself included) have reported raised libido just after starting finasteride. In my case it returned to normal pretty quickly, after about 1-2 weeks.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
its like that for the first few weeks, then the effect wears off, then 6 months down the line u start to lose that ability, then 1 year down the line, morning wood is gone, and its a struggle. results vary of course, u might be a lucky one.

DimiNYC

Reaction score
Well I really hope I'm one of the lucky ones but I always had a strong sex drive so even if it slowed down a bit I'm thinking it's ok :)

johnbbbb

Reaction score
Yes my sex drive was through the roof for about two weeks after I started. After that it returned to normal though.

finfighter

Reaction score
DimiNYC said:
Today is my third day taking finasteride I ordered from inhouse. I had probably the strongest erection of my life this morning. My wife asked me if I took v**** or something. I read in some forums how some people experienced increased libido on finasteride is that possible?

On a different note I ran my hand throu decrease further due to the lack of DHT and increased Egh my hair and I think I am getting my first shed about 20 hairs fell on my shoulders. I have been on rogaine foam and nizoral for about a month now. Also seeing some acne at the temples. This hair loss is so nerve racking once you start a treatment.

This is typical, it was for me, it indicates the initial 15% boost in T that is not being conveted into DHT, unfortunately this is temporary, as time goes by your Estrogen will rise from the finasteride, it will rise between 15%-%20 and your free T levels may decrease, at this time your sex drive and erection leveles will decrease to baseline, or more likely decrease further, due to the lack of DHT and increase in Estrogen levels, the first sign of this will be a lack of morning erections, and decreased prostate fluid.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Something like 4-5 months for me now, I feel that it increased initially and increased a bit further a few weeks ago. I pretty much constantly want sex atm, I get erections from gusts of wind like when I was 14. Sorta good, sorta bad honestly.

desperate4hair

Reaction score
As others have said I experienced the same thing for about the first 2-3 weeks. It quickly wears off and all the negative side effects will soon take over and you will regret messing up your bodys hormones. Stop now while you're ahead