Poor quality picture of scalp with my camera-help

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been having really good success with my home made solution and want to document, but I guess I need to buy a different dig cam because pictures are sh*t.I've tried different lighting.Any cheap camera routes I can taKE?

Lanza

Reaction score
thin=depressed said:
I've been having really good success with my home made solution and want to document, but I guess I need to buy a different dig cam because pictures are sh*t.I've tried different lighting.Any cheap camera routes I can taKE?

USe a normal camera and get a friend to scan them for you.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
thin=depressed said:

That depends on what you consider cheap...What are you looking to spend.

$200 is pretty cheap and can get you a good Canon Powershot A75. I picked one up a while back and it works well. Plenty of features and easy to use. Here's a sample pic I took. The big three didn't work on this guy.
pm1mh.gif

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
thanks..... for some reason it lost some sharpness when I posted it. Looks a little fuzzy. On my PC it looks a tad sharper.

LiveHair

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
--Snippet--Here's a sample pic I took. The big three didn't work on this guy.--Snippet--

My goodness! Didn't know that you had such big, creepy animals in NJ!! :freaked2:

Maybe San Diego really is a better option as suggested the other day! :wink:

LiveHair

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
thats def a mantis right? my dad gets eggs of them and when they hatch he puts them in his garden....very effective at keeping the unwanted bugs out of the garden as well as the house and the pic is also very good because it shows how the mantis is the only insect that is able to turn its head in either direction.......thats it from animal planet

G

BadHairDecade said:
thanks..... for some reason it lost some sharpness when I posted it. Looks a little fuzzy. On my PC it looks a tad sharper.

Nice Picture! we haven't got anything like that in the UK, just a few small ants and if we're lucky a rubbish spider.

Now, enough with the photography compliments, let's get down to bussiness.

You have saved the image as a GIF file.

GIF files only support an 8 bit colour palette (256 colours).

You have effectively quantised around 16,000,000 colours (24 bit) to 256 colours, robbing your picture of colour 'depth'.

JPEG supports 24 bit colour.

The dynamic range in your picture is also only using 77% of what's available.

Your image is also sitting 12° counterclockwise off it's natural spectrum.

This is the kind of sh*t I bore my friends with down the pub! LOL!!!!

God, I can be tedious sometimes.

(left before, right after)

thing7kd.jpg

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did the big three grow those hairs or were the two there before application?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
yup praying mantis about 5-6 inches long. Very cool looking insect.
Wow...Thanks Ty. I have Photoshop but I have no idea how to use it. :lol: It's not one of those programs that you can just mess around with and figure it out either...At least not for me. It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to crop it and convert to an image that can be opened with another program besides photoshop. Any good books or webpages that you could recommend so I can start learning this stuff?
I have a couple astrophotos that I touched up using it but could probably be much sharper. Would you like to give it a shot?

TD.....I saw a couple Fuji digital cameras that looked pretty nice too. One was about $149.00 and is a 3.2MP.