Poor hair condition.

jkjkjkjk

Reaction score
How much does the condition of your hair effect hair loss? Because I have long/medium fine curly hair and a sensitve scalp which is makes it quite an ordeal to brush. So I don't brush it that often. I also don't condition my hair due to the insane ammounts of hair that come out. I was wondering if this would have any negative effects on growing hair?

I will cut it soon but with my temples getting higher and my huge forehead I am resting on my hair to cover it.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah I never use conditioner in my hair. It just looks better when I use shampoo alone. Gives it more spring and life! Occasionaly I will use conditioner (once every 2-3 weeks) just to help moisten the hair if its looking a little dry. Are you on any meds? The 2 primary reasons hair looks sick (imo) is because of either DHT or DIET or both. DHT minaturizes the hair follicle making it look sickly and weak, while diet can have a similar effect if ur not getting the right nutrients.

solution:

1: Get on Propecia

2. Improve your diet, lots of green vegetables, LOW GI carbs and lean meats

Ps: I think its good to brush the hair occasionally, to stimulate the scalp. But in general i avoid brushing, it just seems to pull out more hair.

Good luck :)

jkjkjkjk

Reaction score
I eat pretty well. Lots of fruit n veg, beans, meat and not much junk food. I have had a history of low iron levels so maybe that plays a part in it...I'm not sure. I am waiting for my last blood test to see if it has dropped again.I gather that poor circulation prevents hair from growing well so I might start massaging my scalp. Whether it will do any good I don't know.

Do you know any shampoos and vitimins I should use that help with hair condition? at the moment I just use head & shoulders.

Pondle

Reaction score
Shampoos with vitamins etc are totally pointless, because hair is dead. I tend to prefer gentle shampoos with mild surfactants like the Aveda Pure-formance - it's expensive though.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Pondle said:
Shampoos with vitamins etc are totally pointless, because hair is dead. I tend to prefer gentle shampoos with mild surfactants like the Aveda Pure-formance - it's expensive though.

This is true. Many people dont realise hair is dead above the skin. The only part that really matters is the follicle. And they way the follicle is effected is by what we put into our bodies, but having said that I believe you have to rotate shampoo use between a few different brands to get maximum effect.