Poly vs Lace - Reviews from people who have switched from LACE to Poly

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long do the poly systems last ? everywhere i speak to say its last 1 to 2 mths max , is that true! i currently get 3 mths with my lace system , but i can not afford to be buying a new poly every month, that would be insane.

Pre Covid I was getting 4 systems per year so similar to you. For the last year I've rotated between 2 and they are both in pretty good condition, they have had less exposure to the elements though.

I've taken more care of these 2 to see how long I could get out of them and I'd be comfortable at pushing 5-6 months now.

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
F
Cleanup is harder with poly actually.
And full poly causes extreme itching after 4 days with me as it doesn't breathe. My skin is both oily and dry(not usually at the same time) and I got dandruff too.
With lace it breathes and I can use my anti dandruff shampoo with my hair system still on my head in the shower...

Lace you just spray Lace Release through the hair, wait a few mins till all the tape stays on your scalp instead of the hair system.
Clean your scalp with C22 Solvent.
And clean the residue of the lace by putting cotton wool on the residue and carefully picking it off...
C22 Solvent on the cotton wool if needed after.

Poly you have to be careful not to tear the base and rub a cotton wool ball with C22 Solvent whilst peeling the tape, stopping every second if there is any resistance to rub more C22 Solvent on the tape coming up if it doesn't peel off.
I have torn poly thin skin like that, if I wasn't super careful to use C22 Solvent if the tape didn't come easily off and I pulled it.

Tape residue shouldn't penetrate the lace if you clean up weekly or 2 weeks max.
Fair play on the clean up and good to know if I was going to give a lace system a chance at a later date.

someone_solitary

Reaction score
how long do the poly systems last ? everywhere i speak to say its last 1 to 2 mths max , is that true! i currently get 3 mths with my lace system , but i can not afford to be buying a new poly every month, that would be insane.
My first poly lasted for 2 years! And the one I am currently wearing was bought in October 2019. Lucky me.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My first poly lasted for 2 years! And the one I am currently wearing was bought in October 2019. Lucky me.
How do you get it to last this long? My UTS lasts at most 7 or 8 months, at which point it really does need to be replaced.

Or is yours not UTS?

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i agree, i find removing the lace system and clean up SOOOOOOOO easy!!!!!! ... and i have never torn a lace system or even come close too it. i just wish i would find a lace system that lasted more then 3 mths.. i have NO idea how people get them to last longer then 3-4mths tbh.. when the hair starts shedding it REALLY pisses me off , and i hate when the system does not look full and glossy.. i guess it does not help that the style i have needs it to be on point and not shedding constantly .
What's your process of removing and cleaning lace system please?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear 0.03mm UTS with the 'somewhat breathable' feature. I wouldn't believe it though, i.e. I doubt it's breathable. In my view, how can it be breathable if you're doing a full bond - the glue itself will stop the scalp 'breathing'.

I don't find UTS that fragile. I haven't worn swiss lace but people always say how fragile it is. I have never found that to be the case with my UTS, though I'm not saying I would put it through a war but I don't have to wear cotton mittens to handle it either.

I've just got my latest piece on. I'll put up some pics later.
I agree about a full bond rendering your scalp unbreathable. However, the same would apply to lace......

If you seal your scalp off from the environment, it doesn't matter what you put on top of the seal..... The adhesive is what's blocking the scalp....

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a hybrid lace with poly strips full cap. I just hope it doesnt get too hot. I plan on just taping the perimeter. It seems like with the amount of lace that I'll be ok.

J9907

Reaction score
I hate full poly systems...have worn them in the past. I can't go past 4 days or I get incredible itching.
Also I got dandruff and dry skin. So I need to use anti dandruff shampoo every other day at least, which can't be done through a poly hair system.
And my scalp and hair system was wet with sweat ewww after I removed it only after 4 days.

Theres not a shortage of lace through MG Ford if you want to look him up?
Think he ships worldwide and does remote cut-ins too.

I currently wear a french lace top and front with poly edge, custom hair system.
I want to try full french lace base eventually. Swiss lace is way too delicate.
Are you using anti dandruff shampoo to run through your lace base then? Does that not effect the system?

Faconable

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched this year to poly 0.03 and frankly will never use lace again .swiss lace is fine and the hairline is undetectable for the first couple of weeks then u get wrinkles and gets messy ,also clean up for glue is nightmare when it goes through the hair. Poly 0.03 is perfect for my hairline and clean up very easy .it lasts 3 or 4 month if well maintained .