Poly system thickness and hairlines

HairSystemUk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve currently been wearing a lace system with poly surround which is now 6 months old so am thinking about my next one. My current one is still looking quite good and the salon repeatedly tell me I have a few more months life left yet. However, I’m tempted to try a poly, but would like opinions on experiences with the these and particularly the hairlines vs the hairline on lace?
Can an exposed hairline be achieved without the ‘wall off hair’ look? I’m 32 so unsure which would look best and I’m swaying between 0.05 thickness and the 0.08 ones just for that little bit of extra longevity compared to the 0.03 ultra thin ones. I’m also not sure on the varying densities.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Further to the PMs we've spoken on already, I would say that 0.03 is the best for exposed hairline and that you might just get away with a 0.05 too.

As for longevity, the UTS does degrade over time but this isn't the only issue long term: any system will face the same problem of shedding hair. So I reckon a 0.08 will still look awful after 6 or 7 months because of the hairs breaking / shedding. I've only ever worn UTS so I stand to be corrected, but for sure I would not go for an exposed hairline on anything other than a UTS or a fine lace.

Logann

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to agree with @deg_dilemma on the 0.03 mm thickness being the best for exposed hairline. I am using the 0.05 mm thickness right now and I'm a little more self-conscious with it than I would be with the 0.03 mm thickness. I can still "get away with it" for an exposed hairline, but the last thing you need is being self conscious about your hairline to where you're not even confident with wearing or having anxiety because of it. The whole purpose of us wearing is to be more confident and less anxious.