POLL on shed/avo/dutasteride on front... please take a look

Sean68

Reaction score
id have to let you know in seven months - no change so far good or bad.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Missing answer:

"Shedding and waiting for regrowth"

CCS

Reaction score
maybe neither finasteride or dutasteride are strong in front, and we think dutasteride causes sheds because we have unrealistically high expectations.

G

Or maybe they're just as strong in the front as they are in the back and center and the miniaturized and weak hairs just have to be shed first.

The regrowth may be more difficult on the hairline from finasteride/dutasteride, but I see no reason why finasteride/dutasteride would worsen the hairline beyond baseline. Unless the medication just isn't strong enough in front for some reason to stop the normal recession.

CCS

Reaction score
I know it won't make it worse than baseline. I'm just wondering which one is stronger than the other in front and if they actually are weaker in front.

Oh, and my norwood eyes have gotten sharper. I now know how to spot most NW2's from behind, by a faint pattern that appears long before classic thinning occurs. There is a guy in my math class who is in early diffusing, and I'm not sure if he knows.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
I know it won't make it worse than baseline. I'm just wondering which one is stronger than the other in front and if they actually are weaker in front.

Oh, and my norwood eyes have gotten sharper. I now know how to spot most NW2's from behind, by a faint pattern that appears long before classic thinning occurs. There is a guy in my math class who is in early diffusing, and I'm not sure if he knows.

Well a lot of people on her ethink that dutasteride worsens the frontal hairline. But no one has any proof of it. People just say "well 104% test increase". That's not any proof that dutasteride would worsen the front. Techprof says that dutasteride improved his front.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well finasteride has destroyed my hairline in 6 weeks...
and I have no faith in it returning...

powersam

Reaction score
not if you stop using the finasteride no, then you'll have no chance. go read the MANY threads about shedding on this forum. many people shed at the start.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's just general thinning out and shedding NOT receeding of frontal hairline AND temples...

There's not been one case where those have grown back. f*****g drug, wish I'd never touched the useless thing.

powersam

Reaction score
jdq - not one case? hmm, go ask slarti how his hair is doing, go ask deaner how his hair is doing. i will point this thread out anyway even though i see you have posted in it already, maybe it has changed your perspective slightly?

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... c&start=30

jayman - there is no proof that shedding exists at all in conjunction with propecia or avodart. only anecdotal evidence. i know what it did to me, and thats all i know.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've been on Avodart for close to a year--

if anything, I've definitely gone through shedding cycles.

Sometimes I'll shed for weeks in the front. Sometimes I'll shed for week in the crown.

But it's not a global shedding-- it's more region-based.

Dutasteride has an ineffable way of working on the shedding cycles of your hair.

In all, I'd say that I've maintained and even improved the existing hair in the front... I'm unsure if I've lost more or less temple hair.