POLL on impact of hair loss: Girlfriends

How did\does hairloss affect your love life?

• My girlfriend left me because i was\am less attractive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

optimystic

Reaction score
Hi i would like to get some facts and stories straight from this forum maybe to give me (or maybe to give you?), or lets just say to give US a better idea of how harsh the world actually is on bald men.

If you have a story to add to your vote please do :)

mine is simply that my girlfriend is with me because i know how to work her. It was never because of my hair. She's just that someone that i know how to work with my charm. I may not be charming to the world but i know how to charm her into loving me more than anything in the world.

optimystic

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I voted on the first option: "my girlfried left me (my ex-wife in my case) because my hairloss made me less attractive." In fact, she divorced me because she said that she was not physically attracted to me anymore due to my NW5 "horshoe" hairloss after being married for almost 8 years. She said that as my hairloss became more and more prominent, she became less and less attracted to me physically. She admitted that the last couple of years she was not attracted at all to me, but kept lying to me about my hairloss not bothering her, and stayed with me even though she was longer in love. Finally, she just couldn't take it anymore.

I know I am probably the only guy on here who has (or ever will) have an experience like this. I have told this story on here before, and guys always leave comments such as "Your hairloss couldn't have been the real reason" or "I don't believe you, you are lying."

But am not lying, she really did tell me that she no longer loved me because my hairloss made me physically unattractive to her, and she could no longer force herself to "do the nasty" with me anymore because she found my bald head grosser and grosser every time she looked at it.

My ex-wife turned out to be a complete b**ch. It just goes to show that you could be married to someone for 8 years and then find out in the end that you never really knew them like you thought you did. However, I doubt very many guys will have something like this happen to them. I just happened to be the unlucky fool who did.

wow...a small part of me died after reading that story..
That is just seriously wrong...I feel very mad and im not even involved.
I bet you heard this a billion times by now but you are really better off without her...

Obsidian

Reaction score
My girlfriend could have cared less about my hair when we broke up. She broke up with me because I got too comfortable in the relationship and just decided to do a husband/wife routine.

Dudemon, do you ever think she just said that just because she was trying to play on your insecurities?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^Damn that really sucks :( it's unbelievable how cruel some people can be, especially after being in an 8 year marriage.

Even though this poll doesn't apply to me, i still have some interesting stories to share. Even though i can't hide my temples/hair loss as well as i could some 2 years ago, i still manage to attract the odd girl every now and then (not that i lead any of them on). The last two were really nice girls yet one of them ended up ignoring me when i didn't return her interest, while the other seemed to stop after she found out about my sexuality in an awkward situation but we still hang out.

A few months ago i was in a bar, and there was a table full of girls, while standing at the bar with my friends i noticed one of the girls kept on looking at me from the table, she was really pretty (and tall, if i were straight i'd go for tall girls) and she ended up standing at the bar near me and either she wanted me to say something or was nervous herself coz she made a few glances in my direction, but then she went back and that was it. Kinda makes me annoyed/upset since i can't take any of these opportunities and develop something further.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
^^Damn that really sucks :( it's unbelievable how cruel some people can be, especially after being in an 8 year marriage.

Even though this poll doesn't apply to me, i still have some interesting stories to share. Even though i can't hide my temples/hair loss as well as i could some 2 years ago, i still manage to attract the odd girl every now and then (not that i lead any of them on). The last two were really nice girls yet one of them ended up ignoring me when i didn't return her interest, while the other seemed to stop after she found out about my sexuality in an awkward situation but we still hang out.

A few months ago i was in a bar, and there was a table full of girls, while standing at the bar with my friends i noticed one of the girls kept on looking at me from the table, she was really pretty (and tall, if i were straight i'd go for tall girls) and she ended up standing at the bar near me and either she wanted me to say something or was nervous herself coz she made a few glances in my direction, but then she went back and that was it. Kinda makes me annoyed/upset since i can't take any of these opportunities and develop something further.

If youre not straight then why did you want to take things further with that girl?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I voted on the first option: "my girlfried left me (my ex-wife in my case) because my hairloss made me less attractive." In fact, she divorced me because she said that she was not physically attracted to me anymore due to my NW5 "horshoe" hairloss after being married for almost 8 years. She said that as my hairloss became more and more prominent, she became less and less attracted to me physically. She admitted that the last couple of years she was not attracted at all to me, but kept lying to me about my hairloss not bothering her, and stayed with me even though she was longer in love. Finally, she just couldn't take it anymore.

I know I am probably the only guy on here who has (or ever will) have an experience like this. I have told this story on here before, and guys always leave comments such as "Your hairloss couldn't have been the real reason" or "I don't believe you, you are lying."

But am not lying, she really did tell me that she no longer loved me because my hairloss made me physically unattractive to her, and she could no longer force herself to "do the nasty" with me anymore because she found my bald head grosser and grosser every time she looked at it.

My ex-wife turned out to be a complete b**ch. It just goes to show that you could be married to someone for 8 years and then find out in the end that you never really knew them like you thought you did. However, I doubt very many guys will have something like this happen to them. I just happened to be the unlucky fool who did.

Dudemon, that is freaking brutal bro. I would have probably put a hit out on here or something lol. Don't you hate when people don't believe you? Oh wait, did you tell you to remain positive about that experience or seek therapy?

Any luck finding someone else?

Sorry if this offends you but I hope your ex-wife gets cancer and dies a shriveled up bald piece of meat.

optimystic

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Dudemon, that is freaking brutal bro. I would have probably put a hit out on here or something lol. Don't you hate when people don't believe you? Oh wait, did you tell you to remain positive about that experience or seek therapy?

Any luck finding someone else?

Sorry if this offends you but I hope your ex-wife gets cancer and dies a shriveled up bald piece of meat.

Man listen no offence to dudemon or anyone here i know i havent experienced something like that and i cant even imagine how hard that must have been
BUT
you have to stay positive even after something like that
what are you gonna do give up? give up on happiness? give up on hope that there is true unshallow love out there? give up on life basically?
Also even though it was a direct factor, hairloss isnt the major reason for dudemon's problems. Dudemon's ex wife and how shallow and messed up in the head she was is the real cruelty.
You must accept the bad because you have no choice but to accept the bad, true.
But you must also believe in the good because being a downer isnt gonna get you anywhere.
If it looks like the reality of your life is doomed to loneliness because you're an ugly balding shmuck, then dont be a realist. If only to preserve what remains of your pathetic meaningless life, be the opposite of a realist. Its your best option.

Obsidian

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:

What a terrible and immature thing to say, you should feel ashamed.

Obsidian

Reaction score
She is immature, but no one deserves cancer. It is a terrible disease that destroys people from the inside out and recently having a family member pass away from it only makes me realize how life is precious.

You are only being a hateful and spiteful individual towards someone you do not even know. Grow up and act your age.

I understand you may not like her and you have your right but to ever wish a disease like that on someone is a person who has no heart.

Boondock

Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a psychopath, I wouldn't mind Dudemon's ex-wife developing alopecia areata, then recovering 6 months later. It wouldn't ruin her life, but it would teach her not to be a douche about hair loss again.

Cancer and death is going a bit far IMO.

optimystic

Reaction score
after worrying about dudemon's ex-wife story i actually did something that, i dunno if its right wrong normal or just pathetic but i told my gf about it and the fact that its worrying me.
Even though i tried to seem cool about it my babe realized im not and she insisted she see the thread.

so, my gf after reading this thread said that she feels really bad for the woman and its not her fault she's that shallow.
Also being into biology like me, she believes we're all made the way we are and we cant change that much.
So she feels in her own words "sorry for her(the ex) since her love is shallow unlike mine (my girlfriend's) which runs alot deeper and is alot more valuable"
she said that kinda sarcastically like she was scoring corny points for herself :p Then she said more seriouslty "no dont worry baby i love your bald head its sexy" then she gave me a kiss on the head that turned into foreplay and well you dont need to know the rest...

I dont care if i am bald. I know am a very VERY lucky man by anyone's standards-even people who have brad pitt's hair when he was younger. Hell i might be happier than brad pitt himself.

This might make you jealous or even sick somewhere that im talking about my great life here-im sorry i dont mean to shove my happiness in unhappy people's faces. Im pretty sure whether you believe in God or evolution that my girlfriend is not the first nor the last kind hearted or evolved woman out there. In other words, there must be more of her out there somewhere and i hope each bald\balding bastard out there stumbles upon the one that belongs to him.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
optimystic said:
after worrying about dudemon's ex-wife story i actually did something that, i dunno if its right wrong normal or just pathetic but i told my gf about it and the fact that its worrying me.
Even though i tried to seem cool about it my babe realized im not and she insisted she see the thread.

so, my gf after reading this thread said that she feels really bad for the woman and its not her fault she's that shallow.
Also being into biology like me, she believes we're all made the way we are and we cant change that much.
So she feels in her own words "sorry for her(the ex) since her love is shallow unlike mine (my girlfriend's) which runs alot deeper and is alot more valuable"
she said that kinda sarcastically like she was scoring corny points for herself :p Then she said more seriouslty "no dont worry baby i love your bald head its sexy" then she gave me a kiss on the head that turned into foreplay and well you dont need to know the rest...

I dont care if i am bald. I know am a very VERY lucky man by anyone's standards-even people who have brad pitt's hair when he was younger. Hell i might be happier than brad pitt himself.

This might make you jealous or even sick somewhere that im talking about my great life here-im sorry i dont mean to shove my happiness in unhappy people's faces. Im pretty sure whether you believe in God or evolution that my girlfriend is not the first nor the last kind hearted or evolved woman out there. In other words, there must be more of her out there somewhere and i hope each bald\balding bastard out there stumbles upon the one that belongs to him.

I'm a little curious, if you're so happy and don't care about being bald, why are you on this website....?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emex4 said:
This poll fails.

None of those options apply to me.
Same here. My option is 'had a girlfriend before and after hairloss' [/smug]

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
She is immature, but no one deserves cancer. It is a terrible disease that destroys people from the inside out and recently having a family member pass away from it only makes me realize how life is precious.

You are only being a hateful and spiteful individual towards someone you do not even know. Grow up and act your age.

I understand you may not like her and you have your right but to ever wish a disease like that on someone is a person who has no heart.

I know what I said is cold and mean but I am fine with it. Some people in this world deserve that. Not only do I wish it, I would get in her face and laugh about it too. If someone is a $#$# to others, then they deserve to get it back 324234 times worse.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
All I know is that the dude's ex-wife deserves no sympathy for what she did. She is a b**ch, plain and simple. It just sucks that there are plenty more just like her out there.