Poll on Bryan and his promotion of dr proctor

Who else is frustrated with Bryan's constant Promotion of Dr Procter

• I dont care and just wish threads would stop getting hi-jacked by infighting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am personally fed up with Bryan being allowed to constantly promote dr proctor and am curious to know how much it is a nuisance for other posters, or indeed, if you enjoy his posts and are annoyed at people hassling him.

In the interest of balance, Bryan has contributed greatly to the forum over the course of many years, has a wealth of knowledge on hairloss products and does provide a large number of posts to the threads.

However, something has to change in my opinion. Either Bryan must be prevented from promoting Dr Proctor or the mods should come out and say that he is within his rights and come down on people (like myself) who constantly counter his posts. To me I percieve his posts as promotion and it seems unjust, but perhaps i am wrong and all we need is the position clarified which i would appeal to the mods to do.

Bryan, if you are reading, I hope you will appreciate that i have tried to word this in a balanced way, despite our differences i wish to remain civil. Im not conducting a witch hunt here and guys please lets not have the thread turn into that, as it will lead to the thread getting closed and we wont get to the bottom of this. Im just genuinely curious to see how much this is actually an issue for people as if it is a non issue then i believe us dissenters have to stop countering and allow bryan to do what he does as currently far too many threads are going off topic because of all this.

Please vote

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why is he still here??? report his every post. Let's get him banned

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I frequented this and other forums as a guest for a year before i joined this one. I believe he is afforded freedom from the moderators to promote dr proctor. I have had posts removed for less than what he has done and i am affilliated to nobody. He undoubtedly has their support.

for example, this was originally posted in the general discussions as it is general discusssion related to the use of the site and the ethics of conduct when discussing specifically hairloss products. It has been immediately moved to the off topic section which is regarding anything apart from hairloss and this section receives much less attention. I am interpreting this as an attempt on the part of the mods to negate the effectiveness of this poll by it garnering less views. It is not off topic, it is hairloss related, i am seeking to establish how codes of conduct are interpreted in the direct discussion of hairloss products on this forum. In conjunction with this i have tried to address this privately with the mods, like others here have and have recieved short shrift. I have been left with no option to put it out there to the posters. I no longer care if i am banned either, so i believe i have nothing to lose by putting it out there.

I believe its a simple premise, he is either breaking the rules or he isnt. If he is, then he must be stopped as he is ruining the threads. If he isnt, then people telling him to stop are in the wrong and we are the ones ruining the threads.

I am not interested in beating bryan or getting him banned, despite his being very rude to me i am personally ambilvalent to him, Im not doing this for me, all i want is the position on product promotion clarified so that the quality of the forum goes back up again, the constant hi-jacking of threads lately is hugely frustrating and to some degree were both as bad as each other.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
We're always being accused of some conspiracy one way or another. :)

I am sure you do and I fully expect to be discredited as some crackpot but im not propsing a conspiracy, it is no conspiracy to suggest you are happy with bryans conduct as if you werent, you would do something about it. I am not accusing you of anything, but in my personal experience with you i have tried to address you in private regarding the subject and have been ignored. I have tried asking you questions about it in threads and been ignored. I have tried deliberately bringing it up under posts of yours as i know you will have to address those and i have been told to not talk about it. I start a thread in a highly visable and appropriate section and it is moved to a much less visted and inappropriate section (it is not off topic, its related to the promotion of hairloss products). I am proposing nothing, i am merely repeating the chain of events that have lead me to these conclusions. I could be misguided, hence why i am asking for clarification, i believe it is a reasonable request and i am doing it not just for me but on behalf of all the other posters frustrated either with bryan or those frustrated with bryans hi profile dissenters.

Still awaiting clarification on your position. thank you

Cassin

Reaction score
I have long ago learned that when I am accused of something nobody cares what the response is if it doesn't agree with them. From being accused of being paid off by Merk or any dozen other companies its not even worth the argument.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not making an accusation. I am asking you to clarify the position on product promotion

Jacob

Reaction score
There probably could have been a 4th- I don't care but I wish Bryan would just stop shill'n the crap so there won't be any more infighting. (I do care btw...as I've said in the past- this is probably the biggest, slickest shill'n campaign in the history of these hair loss sites)

As long as Bryan keeps it up..it's just going to cause problems. Any other person would have been asked to knock it off...15+ years ago.

Good luck on getting an answer btw. I think the owner of the site would be the person to contact..not that I think you'll get a straight answer from him either(I didn't) :shakehead:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the contribution Jacob. So far Ive been met with either silence or avoidance of the question. I have also had the topic moved to somewhere where it will get much less traffic, whether or not that is by accident or design, this is the situation.

At least by putting it this way in an unbiased manner as possible we can highlight the issue, then posters can make up their mind, voice their opinions, tally results and interpret how they wish the mods silence on the issue, should they continue to ignore us both privately and publicly

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think the mods are doing themselves any favours by ignoring the issue. I'll give them some credit they let a lot of things go and they aren't censoring Jacobs comments.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post, I agree the issue is being made worse by the silence of the mods. This issue could do with a final word. I am quite happy to accept the mods decision, I would just the position on product promotion clarified and why they dont consider bryans practices product promotion.

Jacob

Reaction score
zeroes said:
I don't think the mods are doing themselves any favours by ignoring the issue. I'll give them some credit they let a lot of things go and they aren't censoring Jacobs comments.

And sometimes I wonder if it's better to just let Bryan continue the nonsense. The more mentions of Proxiphen and NANO..the more ppl learn the truth about him and the crap.

And for the record..it's not just here. Hairlosshelp is the same way- although good luck there trying to call Bryan on his shill'n and the truth about Proctor and his craproducts. I wonder if a thread on Proctor's snake-oil'n would even survive. I can't get over(but not surprised) that Proctor from day one was making crap up to sell Prox. You know..that comprehensive 3 year study..

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
For all the trouble some go through to discredit Proctor's products and the trouble Bryan goes through to promote them, you could solve this pretty easily.

Someone who is indifferent should buy a bottle, use it for 6 months and take before/after pics. One bottle of Prox-N (using a half ml/day) would last for 120 applications - 4 months.

Hell, the test subject probably wouldn't even have to pay for it. Set up a paypal account to accept donations and I would gladly contribute a few dollars to make the arguing and hijacking go away.

I joined this forum in about 2006 when I started losing my hair. At the time, there were a lot of posters who seemed genuinely interested in helping one another. One poster tested a bunch of topicals on his wrist to see if they had any potential benefit. A few others explored home made treatments with decent results, some had unexpected results with conventional treatments and great results with unconventional ones.

In any case, many of the lessons they shared for our benefit have quickly been forgotten. People are so quick to say "I have never seen a single positive post about that product" without even bothering to use the search function. In any case, the question remains: Are Proctor's products snake oil? Is such a simple question really worth all this arguing? Is it worth the effort, the time reading, repeating and inventing new insults to hurl at one another? Is it worth chasing off people who just started losing their hair, looking for a little support, by constantly hijacking their threads to repeat the same stupid memes?

My solution: Make a thread with pics, test the damn stuff and be done with it.

Jacob

Reaction score
That's all fine..but during those 6 months there will still be "infighting". So to that and your last paragraph- the best thing is for Bryan to give it up. I think 15+ years is enough :shock: But then again..as I said- maybe it's best that it continues.

This stuff has had 15+ years to prove itself. And it should be Proctor/Bryan proving the claims..not us. They are the ones making them..and pushing the crap.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob I think we should continue puling bryan up wherever we see he is promoting dr proctor until the mods come out and clarify the position

Whatever peoples side on the issue, anyone reading this will be able to tell that the mods are certainly deliberately avoiding the issue.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I am personally fed up with Bryan being allowed to constantly promote dr proctor and am curious to know how much it is a nuisance for other posters, or indeed, if you enjoy his posts and are annoyed at people hassling him.

In the interest of balance, Bryan has contributed greatly to the forum over the course of many years, has a wealth of knowledge on hairloss products and does provide a large number of posts to the threads.

Why on earth would you be "fed up" with ME, of all people?? All I do here (in the context of what you're talking about here in this thread) is discuss and promote a medical treatment designed by a local doctor. What's not to like? :dunno:

If you're upset about threads being "hijacked" with a lot of this pointless arguing and conflict, I agree with you; the person doing that is the poster "Jacob". He has wasted TONS of space in numerous threads by posting the same tired material over and over and over. I think you should ask him to stop doing that, and if he refuses, then complain to the Moderators, and request that he (Jacob) be banned. I think it's unlikely that that'll ever happen, but it's worth a try.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Got to say if theres one person on here who knows his 5h!t on a scientific basis its Bryan.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan the reason I am fed up is I perceive what you do as product promotion, this is how i feel about it so if we can respectfully accept each others differing points of view and agree to disagree on that then maybe we can get somewhere.

Hopefully you will appreciate that the way ive laid this thread out is for all sides to have a voice. Ivd tried to make my point clear withou biasing the thread and all points of view are welcome as id like to establish what the consensus amongst the forum members is. You say you want Jacob banned and I welcome your view to the thread, naturally i disagree with you and i believe jacob is providing balance to your comments but nonetheless i know there will be people out there who are more annoyed with the likes of jacob and me than they will be with you.

Genuinely all I want is clarification from the mods, rules being laid out and the fighting to stop, threads are getting ruined and i do believe there is blame to be had on both sides. If the mods wont get involved maybe we can sort it out amongst ourselves without resorting to digs to each other?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Got to say if theres one person on here who knows his 5h!t on a scientific basis its Bryan.

Thanks for the support! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.