[Poll] How long does your system last and what is your protocol?

What kind of system do you wear and how long does it last? (Can answer multiple)

• Mono - 3 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mono - 6 months

• Mono - 12 months

• Poly .03 - 1 months

• Poly .03 - 2 months

• Poly .06 - 3 months

• Poly .06 - 6 months

• French Lace .03 - 2 months

• French Lace .03 - 4 months

• Swiss Lace .03 - 2 months

• Total voters

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is one of the best resources for newcomers to the world of hair systems and although digging through posts to aggregate an understanding on how long a system lasts, I think it would be really useful for newcomers to have something like this to get a sense of what hair system ownership is like.

Please feel free to post about your system, how long you've worn hair systems. Feel free to add details about the start of your journey. I have seen some fantastic results on this forum so if you want to include photos that would be great too. Feel free to share your favourite product, brand or links/screenshots (but keep it tasteful and helpful)

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Proud owner of a Poly .06 hair system here :D

Forgive the snark, "hair system ownership" is a helluva phrase :D

Gonna have to vote 'Other (specify)':

Poly .06 - 8 months
Poly .12 (injected) - 18-28 months

My favorite brand (pre-pandemic, idk if still applies): https://www.hairpiecewarehouse.com/

Recent pics:

.08 injected Poly from Lordhair

.06 Poly from Bysix (required extensive alterations to make it wearable)

I probably wouldn't purchase either of these units again fwiw.

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Advice to n00bs would be to try as many different companies and base types as you can afford to early on, don't just stick with the first thing you're reasonably happy with. It's all too easy to get complacent.

And be resourceful and adventurous in achieving the look you want, don't expect someone else to do it for you.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my favorite 'product' currently. I use it to restore the condition of frazzled or damaged hair. It really works wonders but it's not at all cheap. I keep my hair really short so I'm able to get a few uses out of a bottle, but still it pains me to use, it's so expensive. But nothing else on the market rn that I know of comes close - My favorite product had been Redken PPT but it's discontinued :(
Sometimes I leave it on the hair for hours, when my piece needs a reset or refresh, and mix a small amount of color in so it doesn't fade. I never shampoo, ever, and don't condition with anything too regularly.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a long haired all Swiss lace unit, and typically get 8 to 12 months out of mine.